What's new

Finishing Balm

I have some sandalwood finishing balm. I do not think it is widely avaliable. (i.e. - on Enchante's website) My bottle is just plain with a handwritten label. You use it like you would use the activator on mantics videos where he uses it with the cube on the finishing pass. Mix a bit of cube slag and finishing balm and free form cut to finish. I like it, super slick, it tends to cool down any burning if I get too agressive and get some razor burn too.

Aquanin's right--it's not available on the site. I absolutely depend on it though. I add a shot of it to the paste before I build mix with the cube (rounds are nice in the shower, but I've gone back to da cube for shaving). It knocks out post-shave irritation almost immediately; also, if the weather's dry I'll add a shot to cutting serum for a wonderful third form pass.

Hmm, I have never used it in the mix itself. I only use it on the finishing pass. How does it work when adding to the brush?

It is quite a bit different. Charles gave me one of the first samples of it over a year ago when he was still down at the Brodie Oaks store and I've been using it ever since. It's a thinner oil, much slicker than cutting balm that makes finish cutting a breeze. I love the stuff and a little goes a LONG way. I only use a few drops per shave and have been using the same 2 oz bottle for quite awhile.

You can buy it at the store. I bought some several months ago after going through a sample right after Charles moved to the new store. I don't get the same sample sizes as Mike. It's good stuff, but I find that it breaks down the mix if used with mix pulled from the brush. I add a drop or two to some mix pulled from my brush and it results in a really slick surface, ideal for finishing.

Brad

Don't worry Brad, Mike had to buy that 2 oz. after he had gone through the sample size. Charles now puts it in a little pump bottle that puts out just the right amount so no hassle.

I use the stuff for the final finish and it works great. I don't mix it though. Just leave the face a little wet and spread a few drops around.

-Collin

Mine has a dropper top. I did get a decent size sample of the cutting balm in the new container with the little pump though. Kind of cool and definitely faster than waiting for a few drops.

Yeah, I bought the 2 oz dropper bottle and still have 2/3 of it. I think I bought it when you were there, Collin?

The new little pump bottles are really nice too. Chas made a good choice with those.

hmmm mine that I got about 3 weeks ago came in a larger than 2 oz supply with the regular shampoo like top. You know, press one end of the cap and the other end pops up and just can just drip out a few drops. I guess it's coming in all shapes and sizes until its a regular product.

Sorry for delayed response. I've had great success adding a shot of it to the brush (prime, add paste, then a shot of FB on top of that, prime again). I tried adding a shot to the hot washcloth and slag technique that Charles posted on the enchanteonline forum and I ended up in with a seriously over-buffered terrain, though. Luckily, though, a couple of rounds of hot water rinse and FB took care of the redness and irritation post-shave.

I was there Mike. I didn't buy a full bottle at the time because I hadn't tried it yet. I use it every shave now, Method or no Method.

Top Bottom