What's new

Filly back in black

Found a Filly for under $140 on Ebay.......but it was in need of a little work...

attachment.php

Nothing a little elbow grease couldn't take care of!

Now I have a pretty nice Filly #12. Black matte acrylic over aluminum scales with clear acrylic wedge.

Too bad I usually like my razors bigger than this. I'll see how it shaves after a honing.

One comment/question: Shouldnt you cover up the aluminum with some fiber to protect the blade? I wouldnt want my razor resting against metal like that... 'specially not a Fili!

Also, the color and shape of those scales go very well with the blade. I think they would look really classy in a midnight black ebony too... IMO :)

Looks like someone found it on a dock or at the beach :eek:

Really nice job bringing it back.

I own one of Seraphim shenanigans with aluminum scales that I bought from him a few months back, it gets a lot of use and there seems to be no ill effect from it touching the blade....so far at least.

Last edited:
One comment/question: Shouldnt you cover up the aluminum with some fiber to protect the blade? I wouldnt want my razor resting against metal like that... 'specially not a Fili!

Also, the color and shape of those scales go very well with the blade. I think they would look really classy in a midnight black ebony too... IMO :)

Aluminum is much. much softer than razor steel. It will not mar the razor.

A popular, quick, and cheap way to polish steel is to crumple up aluminum foil and use it to scrub the steel.

The sanding process I used on this razor is proprietary.:cool:

Top Bottom