What's new

Figaro, Il Barbiere di Siviglia.

I agree 100%. I have Figaro and Cella stacked together in my shave den. Both are excellent, but I prefer the Figaro for the scent. One of my favorites. The scent coupled with it sort of looking like a dumpling when I first opened it... kinda makes me want to take a bite.

Thanks, Marco, for bringing another great Italian shaving cream/soap to my attention!

I'm sure Marco would like to bring this one to your attention as well as it is made by the same company that makes Figaro and has the same ingredients.
Omega and Proraso and now Figaro and Fitness.

I'm sure Marco would like to bring this one to your attention as well as it is made by the same company that makes Figaro and has the same ingredients.

Don't forget Prep. For anybody that is interested in any of these, they are all available at the Shoebox Shave Shop.

Great thread and description of Fiagro. I love Crema da Barba and after reading this thread, just ordered a tub of Figaro cream.

Thanks!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Fitness is a shaving product I have never actually tested.
Anyhow my friend Joe (RazoRock), who is an expert wet shaver and a vendor, confirmed me that it has exactly the same ingredients as Figaro and is also produced by the same company.
Therefore I suppose Fitness should be as good as Figaro.

Marco, have you tried Tryphon Enterprises. I tried putting the URL on this posting but it does not come through. They advertise it on their web page. http://www...............com/barberiasoap.html

The Store is closed. Other pressing engagements force me to close the ......... Italiana webstore. We thank all our customers for your business and regret the closure of our webstore.

Giovanni closed down his business. A really nice man.

Figaro is indeed made by the same company Biochemica and I confirmed it's the exact same formula. It's not listed on their website because the brand is owned by another company and Biochemica is just the manufacturer. This summer I will beg them to continue making P.160:biggrin1:, seriously.

Here are the ingredients of both products...

P.160

acqu (water)
stearic acid
palmitic acid
tallow
cocos nucifera
potassium hydroxide
parfum
potassium carbonate
benzyl alcohol
tetrasodium EDTA

Fitness and Figaro

aqua (water)
stearic acid
palmitic acid
cocos nucifera
potassium hydroxide
glycerin
myristic acid
PEG-150 distearate
jojoba wax
parfum
benzyl alcohol
tetrasodium EDTA

I believe the ingredients in Italy are also listed by concentration. What I found amazing about P.160 is that it's a tallow soap but has a long self-life. The tipo duro I'm currently using is 3 years old and is perfect, I believe the benzyl alcohol is the preservative in the mix. Cella seems to spoil much faster, I believe because it doesn't have any real preservatives.

Giovanni closed down his business. A really nice man.

Figaro is indeed made by the same company Biochemica and I confirmed it's the exact same formula. It's not listed on their website because the brand is owned by another company and Biochemica is just the manufacturer. This summer I will beg them to continue making P.160:biggrin1:, seriously.

Here are the ingredients of both products...

P.160

acqu (water)
stearic acid
palmitic acid
tallow
cocos nucifera
potassium hydroxide
parfum
potassium carbonate
benzyl alcohol
tetrasodium EDTA

Fitness and Figaro

aqua (water)
stearic acid
palmitic acid
cocos nucifera
potassium hydroxide
glycerin
myristic acid
PEG-150 distearate
jojoba wax
parfum
benzyl alcohol
tetrasodium EDTA

I believe the ingredients in Italy are also listed by concentration. What I found amazing about P.160 is that it's a tallow soap but has a long self-life. The tipo duro I'm currently using is 3 years old and is perfect, I believe the benzyl alcohol is the preservative in the mix. Cella seems to spoil much faster, I believe because it doesn't have any real preservatives.

Thanks for the update.

Ciao, Marco!

Do you mind telling me what model is the Vulfix brush you use (as seen in the pictures in the thread)?

Grazie.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ciao, Marco!

Do you mind telling me what model is the Vulfix brush you use (as seen in the pictures in the thread)?

Grazie.

Hello mate,

The brush in the pics is a Vulfix 2235 in Super Badger.
It's a medium-large brush with a knot diameter of 23mm.
The 2235S is an excellent value for the money brush and I do find it particularly good for lathering up shaving creams.
As you can see in the pics, it's not difficult at all to get a great amount of rich, thick lather with this mighty shaving brush.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A few words on Prep vs. Proraso in terms of scent and performance, please?

Proraso Vs Prep?
Proraso is, in my opinion, the very best low cost cream available anywhere.
It has a fresh, clean, powerful scent and can compete with any other top-shelf cream in terms of quality and performance.
Truly.
Prep is a good, but I think, slightly inferior product.
It has a cooling Eucalyptus scent and contains menthol and other cooling essential oils, but its fragrance is very different from Proraso.
Frankly I do not like Prep's fragrance.
Also, I do find Prep slightly less moisturizing than Proraso.
Just my thoughts.

Top Bottom