What's new

fifa women's world cup 2019 USA - NED

I find that women's World Cup is the only segment of soccer that has taken off in the US (outside of kids' soccer). The WNT has been so much more successful than Men's. I don't know the name of a single member of the men's team but I could give you several of the women. And while they generate much more interest and money they are continually discriminated against as far as funding and facilities goes.

And while they generate much more interest and money they are continually discriminated against as far as funding and facilities goes.

Lieke Martens and Lionel Messi both play for Barcelona. A years income for Lieke is about one days income for Lionel. But these success of the women's soccer and the attention that they are generating are changing things slowly but surely.

Game is on!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Well let's try again in 4 years time.

Congrats to the USA womens National team.
Yes, congrats. The LPGA is coming near me for a weekend soon. I have never paid to see men's golf, but I was just scanning the channels a few weeks ago and watched the women play. I believe if they let women drive from the ladies tee a lot of them could beat the men. Their short game was fun to watch. Excellent putting the time I watched.

I follow the LPGA quite closely. I started watching it because the men were way, way, way beyond my skill level. The women are just way beyond.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I follow the LPGA quite closely. I started watching it because the men were way, way, way beyond my skill level. The women are just way beyond.
Lol. I'm decent at miniature golf. But even then I would rather just run around in the golf cart!

I’ve watched a bunch of the USWNT ladies play in NWSL in the DC area. Great players even if they get constantly criticized.

Add world championships to this: men 0 women 4

FB_IMG_1562600658362.jpg

Top Bottom