What's new

Favorite inexpensive fragrances (under $35)

I was at Marshall's yesterday, looking to see what fall/winter scents might be among those being stocked up for the coming Christmas shopping season and saw Zirh classic cologne for $5. Even though it's more a spring/summer fragrance, and not what I was looking for, I couldn't pass it up. My purchase was blind, but based on good reviews I had read and the price...Five bucks! And I like it. I think it will make a good office scent.

I did some research on some of the other scents I was not familiar with, and of the lot, Kanøn Agarwood ($10) looks the most interesting and fits the criteria of what I was looking for: something I could wear between now and Davidoff Cool Water weather.

I was at Marshall's yesterday, looking to see what fall/winter scents might be among those being stocked up for the coming Christmas shopping season and saw Zirh classic cologne for $5.

Do you recall any other colognes you saw at reasonable prices in Marshall's? I always pass the store and never go in. Are they all boxed and in plastic?

Do you recall any other colognes you saw at reasonable prices in Marshall's? I always pass the store and never go in. Are they all boxed and in plastic?

The stock varies from each store. In my area alone there are 2 TJ Maxx, 3 Ross stores, and 2 Marshalls. There are definitely the usual stuff at each of them like Davidoff Cool Water, Nautica Voyage, etc. But stock frequently changes. Everything is in a box and plastic, never had any issues where I felt I was getting something returned or used. I would definitely drop in your local store in the next couple weeks because they will really ramp up the stock for Christmas shopping. Just a warning if you find a good deal in store to double check Amazon or Ebay. I've already gone in there and bought something that I thought was the lowest price I could find and then I went home and found it for a couple bucks less online.

My current favorite inexpensive fragrance is Brut Dominant! The scent lasts like an edt, I picked it up at the 99¢ store.

I did some research on some of the other scents I was not familiar with, and of the lot, Kanøn Agarwood ($10) looks the most interesting and fits the criteria of what I was looking for: something I could wear between now and Davidoff Cool Water weather.
I snagged a bottle of Kanøn Agarwood at Marshalls last year for a few dollars. It's a very nice scent, lots of wood, sweet but not overpowering. I like it a lot for cooler weather. Great bargain.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Like the Zirh Ikon so much, got the Zihr Ikon Pure.

Same price- $13 or so- but where the Ikon is woody-smoky-spicy great, the Pure smells like ... Paco Rabanne or something. Not liking it at all. SHE will probably like it, because it smells like SHE expects cologne to smell like. Saw a review on Basenotes where someone hated it; had to see for myself.

As with all, it changes on you after a while ... still synthetic-y, though.

AA

I snagged a bottle of Kanøn Agarwood at Marshalls last year for a few dollars. It's a very nice scent, lots of wood, sweet but not overpowering. I like it a lot for cooler weather. Great bargain.

I went back today and picked it up. An inexpensive but nice smelling introduction to an Oud scent. I don't think many other people will be wearing it so I'll be unique in that department. Of the other dozen scents that caught my eye, I might go back for the Vera Wang For Men

I would definitely drop in your local store in the next couple weeks because they will really ramp up the stock for Christmas shopping. Just a warning if you find a good deal in store to double check Amazon or Ebay. I've already gone in there and bought something that I thought was the lowest price I could find and then I went home and found it for a couple bucks less online.

You're looking at one of the mavens of online comparison online shopping! I've even been known to create a Libre Office spreadsheet or two. I use the cashback sites and search all over the net for discount coupon codes. A Slickdeals.net search is also mandatory as is Cashbackaholic.com to see who has the best cashback offer and whether the cb site is reliable. I've been finding Camelcamelcamel important in getting alerts on the lowest Amazon prices. It comes in handy for blades, colognes, kitchen appliances, etc. I always use Amazon item links and not 3rd party resellers. http://camelcamelcamel.com/

My current favorite inexpensive fragrance is Brut Dominant! The scent lasts like an edt, I picked it up at the 99¢ store.

I've mentioned Brut Dominant quite a few times on B&B. Unfortunately, Brut is being very secretive as to what they're doing with this scent. They've pulled it from the online retailers that had it (Walgreens.com, Drugstore.com and Walmart.com) and wrote me to say it wasn't discontinued. Others say it may be only sold in Europe (like every other aftershave we want!). Brut Dominant is a scent that smells unlike anything else Brut has issued. It's not sweet and can be intoxicating if a drop gets on your nose when you smell the bottle.

Are you the member who previously posted about seeing it in 99¢ stores on the west coast? I haven't seen it at all in NYC discount stores. There are several west coast Ebay sellers who are now offering it at regular price.

Like the Zirh Ikon so much, got the Zihr Ikon Pure.

Same price- $13 or so- but where the Ikon is woody-smoky-spicy great, the Pure smells like ... Paco Rabanne or something. Not liking it at all. SHE will probably like it, because it smells like SHE expects cologne to smell like. Saw a review on Basenotes where someone hated it; had to see for myself.

As with all, it changes on you after a while ... still synthetic-y, though.

AA

Yesterday I received a 4.2 oz bottle of Zirh Corduroy that I ordered on the bay for $14. So far I'm liking it. The only real downside I have encountered is projection. It does tend to sit close to the skin but that would make it ideal for office wear or just casual around the house/errands. Since you like Cuba Gold and that is a vanilla based scent you would probably like this one as well. The sweetness of the vanilla is balanced out by cinnamon and woods. There is also some citrus in the top notes so the sweet spice also has a fresh quality. I still think Ikon is the best of the Zirh fragrance line but this isn't too far off. If it projected a bit more it would easily be their most versatile fragrance.

Perhaps I'm a little reluctant to dip into the old wallet, but this is my type of thread.

Currently my cheap list is:
Quorum (not worn since 1987)
Brut classic
Lacroix Bijou and the similar smelling to me TopMan Vetiver.
Summer sees the Vespa come out along with Blue Harbour.

Perhaps I'm a little reluctant to dip into the old wallet, but this is my type of thread.

Did you catch the Target.com sale on fragrances last week? It was buy one, get 50% off of any other of the same or lesser price. Then there was a 25% off coupon code, and finally, if your order was over $50, there was an additional $5 off. It was the first time I ever saw a screen pop up that told me I was on a line to add to my shopping cart! Target was perhaps the busiest site on Cyber Monday. Among other colognes, I bought two glass bottles of the 25.6 oz. steroid size of Brut Cologne for $29 ($14.50 per), and 2 glass bottles of what was advertised as Brut Classic for about $8.75 per 3 oz. bottle. When I saw the sale, I immediately called a friend and he agreed to buy the 2nd Brut bottles.

I splashed on some yesterday afternoon after it was delivered and still smelled it on my arm this morning!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Did you catch the Target.com sale on fragrances last week?
proxy.php

Wrong continent for me, I'm afraid. But we have places like Savers, Bodycare and a couple of websites that serve us well. Of course, in Blighty, we have a lack of easy to purchase bay rum scents mind.

Carl

Montblanc Emblem
Nautica Voyage
Grey Flannel
David Beckham signature
Karl Lagerfeld
Montblanc Starwalker

Those are my all time favorites under the 35 dollar mark.

Everyone doesn't know what they're missing until you try Royal Spice. Their original royal spice scent..bay rum...lime...mandarin orange. .and musk. Amazon has them.

I could have had both the 8 oz. bottles of Royall Mandarin and Royall Muske for $49 total last week after all the discount codes on Target.com where they had a Buy 1 get 1 for 50% off offer + 25% off that + $5 off of a $50 order. I already had them in my cart, but was trying to decide whether to buy. Sometime during the afternoon, the codes stopped working. It was said that once they reached the code discount total that was previously budgeted, they stopped the offer. http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=royall&category=8666421

How's the longevity on the Royall fragrances?

CK One Shock
Michael Jordan Legend
Midnight in Paris
Encre Noire
Perry Ellis M
Aspen
Versace Dreamer

These can all be found at Ross or TJ Maxx for cheap but they are very nice

I recently purchased a bottle of Stetson Black cologne and I have been really enjoying it. I believe that it was $16.99 at Meijer, whereas Amazon had it for a great deal more when I did a price comparison.

I went to Bath & Bodyworks this week to buy some lotion for my wife and ended up purchasing the lotion and 3 bottles of the C.O. Bigelow Elixer colognes in blue, black and green. My wife seems to think they are okay. So do I.

Top Bottom