What's new

Favorite comfort food?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
It's minus 20 outside, your dog just died, your girlfriend left you and you've just been fired. One meal will make none of that matter for the time being. That's comfort food.

Grand recipe for a Country/Western hit and a good excuse to have a comfort food meal.

Mike

Fatayers - A Lebanese dish which can easily be described as a spinach pie. It's essentially spinach, onions, mixed with olive oil, salt, and sometimes Feta cheese wrapped in an olive oil rich dough. Imagine a greek salad wrapped in dough then baked and you have a good idea what they taste like. Easily my all time number one desert island food.

Uhhhh....bacon, donuts, Poutine...you get the picture.

Until you posted this, Henry, I had never heard of Poutine. Thus, began a search and, lo and behold, I found a restaurant in the town of Krum, TX (pop. 1,979 - and really not very far from where I live) that serves Poutine. This is the only place in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that does. I went there the other night and spoke to the chef. After I placed the order for the Poutine with no hesitation, he came to the table and asked if we were from Canada? :lol: They overnight the curds in from Wisconsin once a week. It was great stuff. :thumbup1: The sauce (gravy) was a little salty, but not too bad. I'm glad I found that place and I'm glad to have experienced Poutine. Thanks, Henry!

It's comfort food because it reminds you of home and makes you feel good when you eat it.

For me....

Osso bucco with saffron risotto:
proxy.php

Top Bottom