What's new

Fatip/Joris handle sizes and handle name thread, post all here!!

Some more results with custom handles on my chrome FaTip Grande head.

Tradere fits:
proxy.php

Edwin Jagger DE89 fits:
proxy.php

Gillette Fat Tech fits:
proxy.php

Gillette NEW OC fits:
proxy.php

Handles that doesn't fit: iKon Bulldog, Mühle R41, some other vintage Gillette ball ended OLD and TECH - the screw on the FaTip is to slim.

In a few days I'll try with the Parker 98R Heavy Duty Premium Barberpole handle.

i use and ikon bulldog handle with my fatip piccolo head and it's fits just fine.

Folks! Put a Gillette Old Type top cap on a Fatip base plate and all your handles will fit.
You'll get an extra benefit - this combination shaves even better.

This may be like swearing in church during sermon, but I prefer my Fatips with their original handles and I'd never even consider changing the handle of my Joris. I like all of them as they are, but I guess that makes me some sort of oddball.

At first, I thought my Joris handle was too slippery and switched. But I liked the look of the Joris handle so I tried it again, and it works just fine. Revisiting works for me, often.

This may be like swearing in church during sermon, but I prefer my Fatips with their original handles and I'd never even consider changing the handle of my Joris. I like all of them as they are, but I guess that makes me some sort of oddball.

At first, I thought my Joris handle was too slippery and switched. But I liked the look of the Joris handle so I tried it again, and it works just fine. Revisiting works for me, often.

Chadao - ain't it the truth! It's hard for me to believe how much I initially disliked many of my current favorites.

Has anyone purchased a Fatip Retro yet, and tried other handles? Wondering where these Retro heads fit into the sizing game.

I already have one of these handles http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/378397-Bulldog-Handle-for-19-99-on-ebay and want to get a Fatip head that will work with it. Looks like it will probably be the Chrome Grande, as I believe these handles were Ikon Bulldog copies (fits my Gillette New LC threads perfectly). In shopping around, the chrome Grande is scarce at the moment, but the chrome Retro seems to be available, and it's considerably cheaper than the one place I found that has a chrome Grande in stock. But, that means nothing if it's not the same threads as the chrome Grande head, as that's the only one that seems to fit well with the Ikon bulldog type handles.

OK, I picked up a Fatip Grande Chrome from Italian Barber. The eBay sourced bulldog handle I referenced in my post above fits. The handle threads onto the Fatip head a little wobby but snugs up at the end.

FWIW, the bulldog handle was on a Gillette New LC and fit well. The Grande handle will not thread onto the New at all. The threads on the Fatip are clearly quite different from the threads on the New. The bulldog handle will probably be fine on the Fatip for quite some time with careful use, but will likely fail at some point from stripped threads.

Not sure if something has changed but my just arrived Fatip Piccolo does not fit Weber Bulldog handle.

So the last listing might need to be reviewed:
2) Fatip Piccolo :
:thumbup: Do fit:
[1] Weber Bulldog handle,
[…]
Not a matter of length but width - the Fatip thread is far slimmer than the Weber bulldog. There is no bite and the thread moves freely end to end. Fatip Piccolo head also doesn't fit the Muhle R41 2013 handle - but we knew that.

Might there have been a difference between contents of this box (the one I just received from Gifts and Care):
$Fatip-Piccolo-DE-Safety-Razor-Nickel-Finish-1.jpg

and what's in the box I expected and assume is the older box:
$yhst-16445739206724_2229_3964103.jpg

If so, not sure of 'new' thread diameter.

Last edited:
Not sure if something has changed but my just arrived Fatip Piccolo does not fit Weber Bulldog handle.

So the last listing might need to be reviewed:

Not a matter of length but width - the Fatip thread is far slimmer than the Weber bulldog. There is no bite and the thread moves freely end to end. Fatip Piccolo head also doesn't fit the Muhle R41 2013 handle - but we knew that.

Might there have been a difference between contents of this box (the one I just received from Gifts and Care):
View attachment 519374

and what's in the box I expected and assume is the older box:
View attachment 519376

If so, not sure of 'new' thread diameter.

They look the same. ..

I just got my Fatip gold, and of course had to make a handle. I already had the silver colored one. The blade alignment on the gold one is much better than the silver one,don't know why? The threads on a Fatip are metric 4.5X.075 most other razors are metric 5.0X.08 and most older gillettes are 10X32 threads.
M5.0X.075 and 10X32 threads are very close as most of you realize.
Heres my new Fatip with my new handle and my original Fatip.
$IMG_20141207_152230996.jpg

I just got my Fatip gold, and of course had to make a handle. I already had the silver colored one. The blade alignment on the gold one is much better than the silver one,don't know why? The threads on a Fatip are metric 4.5X.075 most other razors are metric 5.0X.08 and most older gillettes are 10X32 threads.
M5.0X.075 and 10X32 threads are very close as most of you realize.
Heres my new Fatip with my new handle and my original Fatip.
View attachment 527144
@RedBeard1, love the look of the handle on the silver - was that made for the fatip head that came with the piccolo or the grande? If the former how do I arrange for shipping of a handle down under mate :thumbup:

The silver one is the Grande. I would guess that the piccolo has the same screw size???
I assumed so too, but the list maintained on here keeps the Piccolo and Grande fits separate…so then I assume they must be slightly different. Finding a handle for my Fatip isn't easy - do I need to go down the custom route I wonder - esp. since UFO have closed?

The silver one is the Grande. I would guess that the piccolo has the same screw size???
I assumed so too, but the list maintained on here keeps the Piccolo and Grande fits separate…so then I assume they must be slightly different. Finding a handle for my Fatip isn't easy - do I need to go down the custom route I wonder - esp. since UFO have closed?
You never know with Fatip screws. That's why I use a Gillette Old Type top cap. It works great (with any custom handle) and shaves even better than with the original Fatip in my opinion.

You never know with Fatip screws. That's why I use a Gillette Old Type top cap. It works great (with any custom handle) and shaves even better than with the original Fatip in my opinion.
Thanks mate[emoji106]
So to be sure, we're talking the top plate from a Gillette old type OC? How does the shave change, smoother? I'm just cautious not to lose anything of the efficiency.

Thanks mate[emoji106]
So to be sure, we're talking the top plate from a Gillette old type OC? How does the shave change, smoother? I'm just cautious not to lose anything of the efficiency.
Yes, the top plate from a Gillette old type OC.
I don't have the tool to measure the blade gap, but I think this operation makes the result-Frankenrazor a bit milder than the original Fatip.

I'll soon make an outright test of the two heads, then I'll make a picture of these two at a more close distance.
Here is a picture of a Fatip base plate with a Merkur 1904 top plate (very similar to the Gillette).

proxy.php

Top Bottom