What's new

famous wetshavers

Don Draper was wetshaving in a Mad Men episode. Wonder what classic mid-century Gillette he was using?

Thats funny. I remember this episode.

Ironically, as this show was staged as early sixties, I swear Don was shaving with a black handled SS or adjustable. If thats the case these razors were'nt even invented I believe till the late 60's or the 70's. What a faux-pas :lol:

Quick raise the Bat Signal :batman: , maybe DoubleE , Asylum Guido or Thirdeye could verify this for us

Thats funny. I remember this episode.

Ironically, as this show was staged as early sixties, I swear Don was shaving with a black handled SS or adjustable. If thats the case these razors were'nt even invented I believe till the late 60's or the 70's. What a faux-pas :lol:

Quick raise the Bat Signal :batman: , maybe DoubleE , Asylum Guido or Thirdeye could verify this for us

I wasn't into DE shaving yet, much less full blown RAD. Needless to say, I didn't notice. The MM producers are very adamant about getting the details down, so someone should review the episode and, if there were any historical inaccuracies, point them out.

Guarantee that Mr. Draper will have a 60 fatboy in hand the next time he's seen shaving (or coldcocking a smarmy comedian).

Ok maybe this is a bit obscure but I remember Harrison Ford shaving with a brush and soap bowl in the movie Frantic.

After doing some research (magazines, web, girly shows like Extra, ET), I was able to get some credible info :

AOS : Usher (lavender), Ben Affleck (sandalwood), Bruce Willis, Nick Cage

Truefitt : Josh Duhamel, Matt Broderick, Tracy McGrady

Eshave : Kelsey Grammer, Bruce Willis (so, for Bruce, it's AOS and Eshave : SCAD ???), Pam Anderson

Bodyshop : rafikz

Maybe the only free samples these companies have ever given out!:lol:

Kelsey Grammer is my favourite too and dr. Frasier as a character could be a perfect gentleman. I always thinking about Kelsey as a classic shaver and somebody who enjoys a good mechanic watch and a nice fountainpen, etc.

Kelsey Grammer is my favourite too and dr. Frasier as a character could be a perfect gentleman. I always thinking about Kelsey as a classic shaver and somebody who enjoys a good mechanic watch and a nice fountainpen, etc.

That episode on Frasier where the shaving cream explodes all over his equally refined brother Miles on Frasier is hilarious. I saw that clip posted somewhere :lol:

Last edited:
I have my own list:-

Ghengis Khan (wet yak turd and flint chip)
Moses ( strikes beard with rod and whiskers fall out)
Issac Newton ( hangs upside down from a tree until whiskers fall out)
Tony Blair ( just denies that he has any whiskers)

you can ad george bush to that list after the tragedy of 911 i think he was hiding during the aftermath that day and was hoping his hairs would fall out so he would not be noticed.

The thought of Statesmen and other prominent world figures using cartridges and canned foam makes me a little uneasy.

I like to think all of my favourite writers use a soap (either Williams or Penhaligons; it doesn't matter which, as long as they don't have a rotation). Or have magnificent beards.

Thornhill in North by Northwest has a wetshaving scene with a comically small DE and Brush. He seems to have a pretty good lather going though.

Colonel Potter shaved with a straight razor in an episode of M*A*S*H. I can't remember the title or story line of that particular episode any more though.

you can ad george bush to that list after the tragedy of 911 i think he was hiding during the aftermath that day and was hoping his hairs would fall out so he would not be noticed.

I can't tell which is more appropriate here, so you feel free to pick:

proxy.php

- or -

proxy.php

I can't remember the title of the movie, but I do recall seeing Nick Cage wetshaving in a scene...albeit momentarily. Looked like he was using a long-handle black beauty or something like that.

I saw one and can't remember the title, but he was using a knack or something similar.

I Just saw that part in frasier like 10 seconds ago :) just as i was reading this post,

spooky stuff ,
the wetshaving gods are watching us

Tom Cruise (as Claus von Stauffenberg) wetshaves in Valkyrie. Gives himself a nice little nick on the throat, too (although deliberately).

I was actually going to reference this. I STILL can't figure out what the heck he's using either. From all I can see/tell, it looks like some kind of SS....superspeed that is. :tongue_sm

Also 'loved' the fact that he was obviously already BBS, but was lathered up and 'shaving' anyway. I didn't even see a friggin' blade, man.

Top Bottom