What's new

Fake PolSilver Super Iridiums?

I would say that both Astras are better than the Minora stainless. The Minora stainless is the worst Russian Gillette I have tried. It isn’t great in any of my razors. Sucks for me as I bought 300 on sale and am not a fan.
Looks like they work for @ivan_101 and he is looking for more. This might be an opportunity for you ;)

I continued the test and replaced Muhle Rocca with the Start 0.9 device from Homelike. Next, I like the Super Iridium blade more than Extra Stainless. But after another two days of shaving, a strange thing happened. The two blades seemed to be better than at the beginning. Today I did not feel the alum on my face and the difference between the two blades becomes harder to perceive. I'm curious what will happen next. I think these blades need to be pulled through the cork before they can be used. I can't wait for the microscope test! and a test must be performed after 5 uses of these blades, because we may have surprises.

Thanks to @SgtCrppls I received some samples of the Polsilver Extra Stainless only marked blades for comparison to my Polsilver Super Iridium and Wizamet Super Iridium marked blades. I don't know if this helps answer the question as to if these blades are fake Polsilvers or not.

Polsilver Super Iridium marked blade 20x
D New 20x.jpg

Polsilver Extra Stainless only marked blade 20x
Polsilver ES 20x.jpg

Wizamet SI 20x
E New 20x.jpg

Polsilver Super Iridium marked blade 200x
D New 200x.jpg

Polsilver Extra Stainless only marked blade 200x
Polsilver ES 200x.jpg

Wizamet SI 200x
E New 200x.jpg

I think the Polsilver Super Iridium and the Wizamet SI blades look more similar to each other and the Polsilver Extra Stainless looks much different. I will try to give these Extra Stainless blades some shaves and see if I can detect any difference. Thanks again to @SgtCrppls for providing samples for me!

I agree with your assessment, the Polsilver SI look more like the Wizamets.

So I guess they very well could be fakes, I have separated them from each other in my drawer.

Thanks for your effort

Thanks to @SgtCrppls I received some samples of the Polsilver Extra Stainless only marked blades for comparison to my Polsilver Super Iridium and Wizamet Super Iridium marked blades. I don't know if this helps answer the question as to if these blades are fake Polsilvers or not.

View attachment 1263861

View attachment 1263862

Wizamet SI 20x
View attachment 1263863

View attachment 1263864

View attachment 1263865

Wizamet SI 200x
View attachment 1263866

I think the Polsilver Super Iridium and the Wizamet SI blades look more similar to each other and the Polsilver Extra Stainless looks much different. I will try to give these Extra Stainless blades some shaves and see if I can detect any difference. Thanks again to @SgtCrppls for providing samples for me!
The completely different honing of the Polsilver Super Iridium and the so called "Extra Stainless" blades can be seen even without microscope in this post Fake PolSilver Super Iridiums? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/fake-polsilver-super-iridiums.476721/post-11244057 just look at the third photo - it is so obvious even to the naked eye.

View attachment 1263861

View attachment 1263862

Wizamet SI 20x
View attachment 1263863

View attachment 1263864

View attachment 1263865

Wizamet SI 200x
View attachment 1263866

Thanks @South Dakota Guy for these wonderful comparisons under the microscope and @SgtCrppls for the slides donated in the name of science. So, QED Polsilver Extra Stainless are totally different from Polsilver Super Iridium and Wizamet SI.

View attachment 1263861

View attachment 1263862

Wizamet SI 20x
View attachment 1263863

View attachment 1263864

View attachment 1263865

Wizamet SI 200x
View attachment 1263866

We should have these of a lot more blades in order to debunk or confirm is blade a actually blade b
Nice work still happy with my wizamets

Yep, can confirm :D Well, I never sent anything to US before, but the Germans claim 3 to 7 working days, let's see!

Many thanks @P1C0 !
I thought the shipment was made from the USA. Appreciate the gesture of the colleague @P1C0, the shipping costs are high! Wasn't a B& B colleague from America helping with some BIC Chrome and Astor blades?

Many thanks @P1C0 !
I thought the shipment was made from the USA. Appreciate the gesture of the colleague @P1C0, the shipping costs are high! Wasn't a B& B colleague from America helping with some BIC Chrome and Astor blades?
No prob! It was cheap actually, just put the blades in a sleeve and then in a regular international letter, that is 1.10 euros.

So cheap? only 1euro transport from Germany to the USA ? I paid 3 euros for a simple letter from Romania to Austria and we are close countries and EU members! What do I need to ask the post office to have cheap transportation to the US?

So cheap? only 1euro transport from Germany to the USA ? I paid 3 euros for a simple letter from Romania to Austria and we are close countries and EU members! What do I need to ask the post office to have cheap transportation to the US?
I don't know, but that seems odd. The cheapest option (non-priority, under 50gr) should be again something like 1.10 euros:

Perhaps the envelope was too big or something.

In Germany the international letters are by default priority: Störung | Shop der Deutschen Post - https://shop.deutschepost.de/internetmarke#porto-international

thank you @P1C0 , an envelope weighed over 120 grams and formed a large A4, maybe that was the cause. But the first envelope had only 3 packs of 5 blades, so under 100 grams and I paid 3 euros but I was asked if I want Par-Avion and I said yes!

Top Bottom