What's new

EverReady 200, Made right and another Ever Ready.

Well i just set the knots in my brushes. I went with a 18mm finest, a 20mm Silvertip Grade A and a 24mm Silvertip Grade A for the everready with the green/black handle!!!

I Set the shelf using cork and some liquid nails... I hear some people use silicone, but i had it laying around. Once that set i sealed it all up with marine grade epoxy so that it would never see any moisture. Then i set the knots with more epoxy. Looks great can't wait to see the bloom. I'll post pics when i get a chance.

With some patience and some painters tape it was quite easy and mess free.

:thumbup:

Ok... and the pics are hiding? unavailable? under lock & key? Don't do the "I'll post when I get a chance" thing. Give us the blow-by-blow version.

You see...we're all quite smitten

Here are the pics!!
Got lazy to do the full blow by blow, but at least you can see some of it.

I'll post pics of the brushes with the knots epoxied in them soon. Well, as soon as i get pics:tongue_sm

i filled the base with cork and liquid nails... let that cure 2 days+ and then i hit it with Loctite (2 hour) Marine grade Epoxy.

i filled with the Liquid nails because i kept reading about plaster fills and silicone fills... not a fan of the vinegar smel from silicone and i hate mixing plaster. Ive uses Liquid Nails before and have sealed it and it stays pretty water resistant. I first pumped some of the stuff into the base, then dropped in the cork. then pushed it down so that the Liquid nails filled in the gaps on the side. Nice touch since 2 of the 3 corks had to be trimmed down and i didn't do the cleanest job of rounding it out. then i evened out the "shelf" with the top of the cork and let it set.

Once set I did an initial coating of epoxy to seal the sides and shelf from water. Once that cured i set the knot.

pics coming soon.

joe-

Top Bottom