What's new

Ever Ready dating

If we could just get Mr Razor to try a SE razor our problems would be solved.

Edit: apparently came out in 1914. I have no idea how long it was produced.

Last edited:
What years was the "Little Lather Catcher" made?

Thanks

Mantic has set up his own forum The Original Safety for single-edges. Not a lot of traffic, but aficionados of the single-edges are there and may be able to answer questions about dating. None of my references indicate anything called a "Little Lather Catcher" made by Ever-Ready.

From what I can ascertain the 1914 Ever-Ready was nicknamed the "Baby Lathercatcher". I have one with case and it like its kinsmen is an excellent shaver in addition to being an attractive razor.

Mantic has set up his own forum The Original Safety for single-edges. Not a lot of traffic, but aficionados of the single-edges are there and may be able to answer questions about dating. None of my references indicate anything called a "Little Lather Catcher" made by Ever-Ready.

TOS was set up by Dave Irving, the number one top dog of SE razor knowledge the world has ever seen!:thumbup1:

I don't think anyone can say exactly what year production of the 1914 ER stopped. I've seen old ads from 1929 still showing them, and that is 5 years after ER released the 1924 model.

No I haven't. I don't know who set up the forum but it wasn't me. I don't see my username anywhere in the forum either (though I guess I should sign up just to protect myself).

Thanks for posting that. I was about to, and noticed your reply.

Has anyone heard from Dave?

I haven't in quite some time. I don't know about anyone else. I hope all is well.

I don't think anyone can say exactly what year production of the 1914 ER stopped. I've seen old ads from 1929 still showing them, and that is 5 years after ER released the 1924 model.

That's probably the best time range I've heard of. Even though adds date to that time, I would guess actual production could have stopped before that time.:confused1

No I haven't. I don't know who set up the forum but it wasn't me. I don't see my username anywhere in the forum either (though I guess I should sign up just to protect myself).

Correction, you should sign up, try some SE, and enjoy the fun!:lol:

That's probably the best time range I've heard of. Even though adds date to that time, I would guess actual production could have stopped before that time.:confused1

Or it could have continued on for several years after the introduction of the 1924, just like the 1912. The lack of decent records is what's so frustrating trying to figure these things out.

My apologies for the confusion.

D. Irving is the fellow shaver who set up The Original Safety forum.

Although, some Mantic vids on SE would be nice to see. :001_smile

Top Bottom