What's new

Err 2 things about Proraso..

1. Mine dried out, kinda (green tube) it's like rubber and I've been using it weekly since last year. Will this gum up my brush?

2. I can't get it locally anymore, should I head to C&E or AOS to find a replacement?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
1. Mine dried out, kinda (green tube) it's like rubber and I've been using it weekly since last year. Will this gum up my brush?

2. I can't get it locally anymore, should I head to C&E or AOS to find a replacement?

1. Throw it out! Quickly! GET RID OF IT, MAN!!

2. YES. But don't walk, run, or better still get in your car/truck/van and get over there pronto and get some real shave cream! AND...don't forget the free samples.

Now be off and don't return until you have some AOS and C&E cream, soap and after shave balm.

2. YES. But don't walk, run, or better still get in your car/truck/van and get over there pronto and get some real shave cream! AND...don't forget the free samples.

Now be off and don't return until you have some AOS and C&E cream, soap and after shave balm.

:lol: I was trying to be diplomatic, but that's what I was saying on the inside. :thumbup:

2. YES. But don't walk, run, or better still get in your car/truck/van and get over there pronto and get some REAL shave cream!

I'm afraid to inform you that the red one is no longer produced. :scared: :biggrin: :wink:

Joke, joke.. don't take this seriously...

Unlikely. Once I found a VERY old tube of some old shaving cream (not proraso IIRC but really similar, mentholated cream) and it was dead dry. Somehow managed to squeeze a dab out, and it slowly lathered once in the brush. No problem to the brush, everything worked fine only a bit slower. I ended throwing away the odd tube after little use (too old, I feared breaking the tube and creaming the bathroom) but the brush was really OK. If you notice something on your brush, simply clean it like suggested many times in different threads on this forum. Hair conditioner, borax and dish soap are some of the suggested detergents.

Thanks, this stuff is weird, its REALLY rubbery coming out and it's less than a yr old. Don't know what to replace it with, wasn't too impressed with Proraso, but it was easy to obtain(not anymore)

If having a cream locally available is a major criteria, see if you can find Tom's of Maine creams near you. Reasonably priced and serviceable. If you want to step up in quality, though, start with C&E and AOS, but most importantly start shopping on line -- you'll never find the variety locally that you will on the web.

Top Bottom