What's new

End of the year NRA menbership specials

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The last option is particularly attractive, $25 a month for a $500 life membership.

This may be too tempting for me to pass up. I've always wanted to go this route but never had the money. Maybe this time.

The NRA is offering some great deals between now and the end of the year, I know there's only 7 days left, but their dues will be going up as of Jan. 1, 2016. A couple months ago I upped my life membership to the Endowment level for $200.00. I just paid that full amount, and they contacted me again a couple weeks ago and offered me a Patron membership for $250.00. I went for that also, but can pay that off at $25.00 a month. I think that's a pretty good deal, and I just received a backpack for the Endowment level, and was told I'd receive another one for the Patron level.

For the next few days, Lifetime Memberships are available for $375 if you are over 65 and/or a disabled Vet.
The NRA is also being kind of flexible with the age requirement. I'm a few months shy of 65 (not a Vet) but I was able to buy the Life Membership for $375. Very nice of them I thought.

So, if you are on the cusp of 65 years old, it may be in your interest to give them a call as it's probably a safe bet the rates may go up as with the other membership programs.

I was looking and I noticed their options to do $25 a month or $25 quarterly on the lifetime however I am unsure of the benefits to signing up?

Off the top of my head, there's:

Many gun/sportsman's clubs have membership in the NRA as a prerequisite for their membership.

Free reading material to stock the "executive library" for life.

The NRA is the biggest pro gun lobby on the political scene.

If I could afford a lifetime membership I would. For now, given the circumstances, I extended my and SWMBO's memberships for an extra year.

I got the over 65 lifetime membership (I'm well over 65!) several months ago. Much to my surprise, an NRA monogramed leather jacket arrived a few weeks later.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
https://www.nra2016.org/

Nine days, nine hours left to save a bunch of money. Dues go up March 1.

I kept thinking about the words at the end of the Declaration of Independence ...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

And I decided going Life wasn't expensive, really, at all.

AA

I got the over 65 lifetime membership (I'm well over 65!) several months ago. Much to my surprise, an NRA monogramed leather jacket arrived a few weeks later.

Hmmm, they told me initially that I too would get the jacket. Paid in full; got the patch, stickers and all the other stuff, but...Last week this crummy Chinese pocket knife shows up, $5.00 flea market variety. That was my Life Membership Bonus. Called the NRA. Told me now I wasn't getting a jacket..those were set aside for the "$1,000 Life Members". Nice. I truly hope they don't call looking for future donations.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I got my Life Membership many years ago on the EP (easy pay) plan and am glad I did.

Just do it!

Oh, Ace...all I got was a hat. :biggrin1:

If you think that all you get that is worth anything are some trinkets instead of what they do....

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ah. I'm in good company then! :thumbup1:

You get a really good magazine, too ... I'm just hoping to see American rights preserved for all of us.

I actually feel bad when they send a knife or a cooler ... Think I have three of those nylon coolers from various outdoor publications.

Actually, or range bylaws specify you must be an NRA member.

AA

Last edited:
The rest of the shooting world outside of america looks on in envy at the NRA. In europe shooting sports and firearms owners are on the back foot, especially from trendy "right on" champagne socalists in the eu "parliament". If you own a gun in america and are not a member of the NRA, you need to think again.

If you own a gun in america and are not a member of the NRA, you need to think again.

It's also wise to join your local pro-2A organizations. The antis realize they are getting nowhere with congress, so they're going state-by-state now.

Here in Maine, outsiders have gathered enough signatures (with paid, out-of-state signature collectors) to put a UBC question on the ballot. Last year's bear hunting question was a close call, this one will be hard to defeat. I belong to the Sportsman's Alliance of Maine, who are the staunchest of the pro-2A groups.

Find your statewide pro-2A groups and give them money, right now.

Top Bottom