What's new

Electric Cuttlery Co. SR

My brother told me about a SR he found years ago in our grandparent's attic. Grandma wasn't sure if it was Grandpa's or possibly my Uncle Tom's. Either way, my brother sent me some pics last night and I am looking for any info.

$20170115_113808_resized.jpg

$20170115_114019_resized.jpg

$20170115_114400_resized.jpg

If it was Grandpa's it could be from the 20's. If it was Uncle Tom's it's probably from the 50's. I don't have it in hand, but it looks like plastic so I'd lean toward the 50's.

Electric cutlery are somewhat collectible . They're from NJ & NY and ran from 1873 -1920.
the scales are fairly common and I just posted a razor I restored with them and photos of a couple others I have with the same scales.
I own 3 Electric razors. One with the same blade shown here but with very unique scales. The other 2 are more traditional looking .

The scales indicate that the razor is made sometime between 1915 and 1930. I can't tell you anything about the manufacturer but it's a very beautiful razor.

You see electric cutlery razors relatively often on the bay. I think they look beautiful, and hearing the reviews of other, I think they seem at least like decent razors.

Cool. Thanks. Late teens would probably be Grandpa's (born 1899). I guess the scales aren't plastic then. Ivory maybe?

They're plastic. Some of the earliest plastics were in the late 1800's. There are quite a few of these bamboo scales around.Here's 3 of the 4 sets I have. And the fourth with another razor.Slightly different tints but same basic mold. Often these were sold as after market replacements .

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 29
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Top Bottom