What's new

Dubl Duck Bresduck Satin Wedge

I found this is a pawn shop in Lafayette IN for $12. The blade has pitting on it and the edge has 2 small rust spots. I plan on replacing the scales because one is cracked. :mad3:

The pitting on the sides of the blade do not bother me very much, I just want to have it honed and stropped so I can use it. however, since I want to replace the scales, should I do that first?:huh:

I am thinking yes because I may ding the blade and I do not want to damage a freshly honed edge.:bored:

The thread on making acrylic scales is very inspiring.

One more thing, I have not seen a Satin Wedge Dubl Duck Bresduck online, any idea what it may be worth? Will I be lowering value by changing the scales? They are just plain clear yellow acrylic.

Thx all :thumbup:

Sounds like a cool razor!!

If you want to rescale it, I say go for it, I would actually rescale before getting it honed, jst incase you ding an edge. If you want yellow transperant acryilic, let me know, i put a thread up in the restoration section about the acrylic i cN get!
Post some pics of your razor if you can!!

I do not have a digital camera, however, I may borrow SWMBO's iPhone and post a pic later.

It is a great razor I think.

I was looking through the straights at the pawn shop and an old retired barber came up and rifled through the lot of them (there were probably 30) and pick this one up, handed it to me and said it was the best one in the pile.

cool huh?

How much to buy enough acrylic for 4 scales an some wedges? (I may need to try it more than once)

Top Bottom