What's new

Drat another proprietary blade

Isn't it a shame so many wonderful old razors are used as paperweights. The villain being those darned proprietary blades.

I just received a handsome DeHaven shake and sharpen razor. The fit and finish is first class. The styling, well, I'll let you judge.

I just had to try it. I sanitized it and lathered up. Granted, only God knows how old the blade is and how many shaves it's performed. But I had to try.

Three passes later, may as well of no shaved. I had to finish up with my Damaskeene. Nuts.

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to track down a G.E. Jones Shake sharp...they can use a standard DE blade, although only one edge is exposed. I'm currently awaiting for mine to arrive

This is a very good looking razor. Is that Hoffritz made, isn't it? I saw that on eBay. I hope there is a way to modify it.

Need to track down a G.E. Jones Shake sharp...they can use a standard DE blade, although only one edge is exposed. I'm currently awaiting for mine to arrive

+1

The Shake Sharp is definitely a nice shaver.

I've always liked the look of the Ronson Razor. It takes propriety blades as well, I'm looking for one that is in such bad condition I can separate the head from the handle. Drill/tap it out to accept 10/32 head!

Top Bottom