What's new

Dovo Green Paste to Be Discontinued

Just got back from a trip to Vienna, Austria and stocked up on shaving supplies in a lovely (meaning well stocked and knowledgeable) little shop I've found near the city center.

During our conversation, the store manager showed me a letter from Dovo stating that the green paste would no longer be available and is not going to be replaced by any other product.

The yellow (leather conditioner) paste is also discontinued, but will be replaced by a new product in a tin.

Just a heads-up if you use to this paste....

The finer red paste continues to be available.

Last edited:
Thank you for letting us know. It's good to have a head's up on this. There is a Dovo strop conditioner in a tin that's already out there. I tried it in France over the holidays, and as I recall, it seemed a bit more like a shea butter or a lip balm that you have to rub a bit to warm up and soften. Maybe in the warmer months it's a bit softer than this from the start.

Another thing comes to mind here: a lot of these stropping products that are or were manufactured by Dovo are now being manufactured by "Herold," so I wonder if they will be selling the green and yellow stuff in the future...

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I haven't seen a corresponding product yet, but if there's any doubt just buy a tube - or two. It isn't expensive and a tube or two is a lifetime supply. It would probably dry out in about 20 years before you use it all.

Cheers, Steve

I tend to go through the Dovo white paste pretty quickly. Hope it stays around.

Edit: technically, these are stropping issues, not honing issues...

Last edited:
Top Bottom