What's new

Doth mine eyes deceive me?

According to this BIN eBay listing, 7 suckers have already bought this (apparently at a $1k discount). No one would ever agree to pay more than $44 for this combo, but it is listed for $1,144.99 (+ $3 for S/H !). At first I thought it was a misprint (someone typed an extra "1" (or two) at the beginning of the price. But then I noticed that this same seller has other listings with a few of the same blade that also seem to be at least one decimal off.
What am I missing? Are these blades individually blessed by the Spirit of King Gillette?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/36055524961...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=360555249611&_rdc=1

Let's see yyou can buy those blades for http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gillette-Platinum-DE-Blades-50-10-packs-of-5-blades-each-/181198004416 $29 there. That chinese mades razor is maybe $7. That leaves $1100+ some change. Where did he come up with $1145?...
Ah, look at the sold
l***3
proxy.php
( 119
proxy.php
)US $144.991Jun-24-13 11:51:28 PDT
proxy.php

Still TOO much.

Last edited:
People Would Pay that?? I Guess Some peoples kids are idiots.
Or as P.T.Barnum would say "Theres one born every minute"

It was probably listed originally at $44.99. Look at the currency converters at the very bottom of the listing. I've seen sellers jack the price up like that on BIN when they are going to be out of pocket for a while. It's apparently easier to ask a ridiculous price than to kill the entire BIN. And if anyone is stupid enough to actually pay that price? Well, you know what they say about a fool and his money.

an obvious listing error but I don't understand why it should be reported to ebay. is listing an item for a ridiculously high price a breach of ebay's policy? that's good news if it's true because I reckon I've overpaid for a few things since the RAD set in. :thumbup:

Pretty sure, as another has stated, they probably jacked up the price as opposed to canceling the listing and then having to re-list once they have stock again. That said, from the purchase history, it looks like someone did bite at $144.99.

Top Bottom