What's new

Don't mess with IRS, or ignore your student loans. If so you will fell like Homer Pyle USMC

At the time of my problem, my accountant said IRS errors had become commonplace. I guess they haven't gotten better in the past 10 years, because in this year's letter to his clients, our accountant said he will begin charging for his time and/or letters dealing with the IRS and State. In the past he didn't charge.

At the time of my problem, I told my accountant I'd handle it myself. After working in State Govt, I knew that push-come-to-shove, letters to the Governor, commissioner, or State legislator get prioritized with State agencies. With Federal agencies (USPS, IRS), your congressman is the go-to guy/gal for results.

In my other post I meant "late Sept" not last. It didn't take 10 years for that refund. We also got no interest for the delay.

Well friend last job with IRS was hearing officer, who settle disagreements nt between IRS, and Tax Payers. Many time he fond IRS at fault, many time he found Tax Payer at fault. His decision were binding.

I don't understand all that US tax speak, but what I gleaned is he didn't pay due taxes for years, then asked for a government handout and they told him to pound sand?

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Hardly messing with the IRS. Sounds more like mess around and find out.

I recall hearing Mark Steyn say that the USA was the only nation
where everyone knows the numbers for the tax forms.

I believe the definition of a loan is receiving money which will be repaid, with a certain amount of interest for the convenience of receiving the funds on the front end instead of saving up the full amount or making lump sum payments if allowed.

If one takes a loan and ignores the stipulations, one is at best a fool, at worst a thief.

W-2 earner and not paying in? Why would you expect to receive SSI/Medicare? Certainly, I have a huge problem for providing benefits to non-citizens, but I would argue you are defaulting on your responsibilities of citizenship if you try to claim benefits to which you did not contribute.

I made my consecutive payments and worked State for 20 years to qualify for my student loan forgiveness.

I believe the definition of a loan is receiving money which will be repaid, with a certain amount of interest for the convenience of receiving the funds on the front end instead of saving up the full amount or making lump sum payments if allowed.

If one takes a loan and ignores the stipulations, one is at best a fool, at worst a thief.

W-2 earner and not paying in? Why would you expect to receive SSI/Medicare? Certainly, I have a huge problem for providing benefits to non-citizens, but I would argue you are defaulting on your responsibilities of citizenship if you try to claim benefits to which you did not contribute.

I made my consecutive payments and worked State for 20 years to qualify for my student loan forgiveness.

The original concept of Insurance didn't allow for pre existing conditions.
Times have changed.

Top Bottom