What's new

Does Snow suck the intelligence out of peoples brains?

Had a 3 inch snow last night with wind chills in the negative teens. Went to work this morning at 4am to push some snow.
I get to drive one of the bigger trucks and work on the main thoroughfares of the fair city I live in.
While driving tandem with another driver in the lead, he was about two truck lengths in front of me, a driver in an Acura comes flying up and passes me just missing my plow by inches. Then this person passes the other driver on the right just missing my fellow drivers plow by inches also.
I understand being late for something but is it really worth it to do something cray like this?

It's not the snow, i had a similar acura experience today (46f and sunny). they decided to go around a car that was moving too slow in the right turn lane, roughly when i was to occupy the same sector of time and space. Horns were exchanged, but i didn't use my tall finger :thumbup1:

I saw some local video of snow plows in action on the highway. There was about five of them in echelon formation clearing the whole expanse in one swoop. Of course they were going slow. And some of the cars were passing the formation in the emergency lane, where all of the snow was being pushed to. It's not just the Acuras.

Last edited:
It's not the snow it's the canned goo and poor choice of shaving gear that's making people stupid or it's the communists putting fluoride in the water. :lol:

Had a 3 inch snow last night with wind chills in the negative teens. Went to work this morning at 4am to push some snow.
I get to drive one of the bigger trucks and work on the main thoroughfares of the fair city I live in.
While driving tandem with another driver in the lead, he was about two truck lengths in front of me, a driver in an Acura comes flying up and passes me just missing my plow by inches. Then this person passes the other driver on the right just missing my fellow drivers plow by inches also.
I understand being late for something but is it really worth it to do something cray like this?

Sorry about that, but I was rushing to get to Starbucks to get my triple-caramel-cinnamon-up-down-express-latte before the crowds formed.

:lol:

This describes my drive to work almost every day in the winter.
People drive like there is no snow on the ground.
Dangerous and stupid.

I would be a much happier man - and a much kinder person - if I didn't have to drive to work and deal with stupid stupidity with such ridiculous (and stupid) frequency.

all other drivers suck at driving :mad5: :mad5: :mad2:

ahhh! very glad to get that off my chest. :laugh:

It's not the weather, it's the so called drivers. most people only study driving just to pass their test.

Once the driving portion of their test is done, they proceed to do everything learned from the manual absolutely wrong. I'd wager that most people could not pass their current driving exam.

Here in Maryland, hardly anyone signals when turning or uses their signals @ all. It's as if they believe that:

a. other drivers have esp and know what they are about to do
b. feel that they are the only vehicle on the road and everyone else must wait for them
c. haven't a clue that they are the idiot responsible for traffic.

marty

It's not the weather, it's the so called drivers. most people only study driving just to pass their test.

Once the driving portion of their test is done, they proceed to do everything learned from the manual absolutely wrong. I'd wager that most people could not pass their current driving exam.

Here in Maryland, hardly anyone signals when turning or uses their signals @ all. It's as if they believe that:

b. feel that they are the only vehicle on the road and everyone else must wait for them

marty

I took my test in Texas, although Im in Finland now, and it was to drive to the burger king and buy my instructor lunch from the drive-through, and then I drove back to the school. :thumbup::thumbup: Still I consider myself better than most people on the road, never had an accident or gotten a ticket (other than parking), so (knocking on wood), I think that's pretty good for 7+ years driving after that test :biggrin1:

marty

None of the above. Don't want to let other drivers know what their intent is so that they can get cut off. Which is not how it is supposed to work, because the turn signal establishes the right of way so that you can safely manuver.

Top Bottom