What's new

Does Ivory bar soap smell like Williams to you?

It hit me yesterday in the shower.

I'd just picked up a pack of that classic and ever so cheap Ivory Soap, and thought the smell was kind of familiar. After a couple days I realized that subtly bright, almost citrusy aroma reminded me of Williams latherless shaving soap. Does anyone else smell that, or am I crazy?

The resemblance is there, but no. Even aired out williams is not ivory, but Arko is very nearly Ivory after Arko airs out

Phil

Thanks for the thread, due to the polarizing nature of Arko I'd been hesitant to order some. Now it's on the list for the next purchase.

I unwrapped my Arko and put it in the garage for 3 months...It was still rather potent but has diminished to a nice level since. I need to order a case of Arko.

Phil

I agree with Phil Pkrankow that Ivory soap and Arko shaving soap smell virtually the same. Initially, there is an added note of lemon with Arko sticks, but that IMO is what fades over time — becoming very similar to Ivory. Odd, because I like the smell of Arko shaving sticks, but the Ivory bar soap — not so much.
I'm told that citronella oil may be the common ingredient.
:euro:

Last edited:
Top Bottom