What's new

Do You Really Need Pre-Shave .....

I've tried plenty pre shaves (pre shave soaps, creams, oils..) and I've tried with no pre shaves. I definitely see a differnce using a pre shave, it adds a layer protection.
Now I ise coconut oil as pre shave, it is by far the best pre shave I've ever used, and it's natural and cheap. It's just my experience.

I've tried plenty pre shaves (pre shave soaps, creams, oils..) and I've tried with no pre shaves. I definitely see a differnce using a pre shave, it adds a layer protection.
Now I ise coconut oil as pre shave, it is by far the best pre shave I've ever used, and it's natural and cheap. It's just my experience.
I have only used Proraso red pre-shave, but I can certainly tell a difference in how my skin feels when I use it. My answer is a pre-shave is not *needed*, but there is a difference.

It is your shave, do what you want.

I've used oils off and on. Seems I get a slightly better shave, the trick is to rub the oils in and not be dripping off your face. If it makes your brush or razor oily you used too much. I think it softens the skin allowing it to flow around the blade better. That being said, I don't use oils unless it is a special occasion, or the mood strikes me, or...

For me there is an advantage when I use paa or stirling mentholated pre shave soap.
But a light face scrub under the shower does it also
As is using your ordinary or a glycerin soap as a soak and rinse pre soap.
Tried proraso and that was like shaving a rubber tyre, no thanks
Still use floid shave oil when my skin is dry or damaged.

For me there is an advantage when I use paa or stirling mentholated pre shave soap.
But a light face scrub under the shower does it also
As is using your ordinary or a glycerin soap as a soak and rinse pre soap.
Tried proraso and that was like shaving a rubber tyre, no thanks
Still use floid shave oil when my skin is dry or damaged.
I agree with the oil for dry skin

Top Bottom