What's new

Do you own more shaving soaps or shaving creams...and why?

I own many more shaving soaps than creams. I like shaving sticks and I like to face-lather and I find this easier to do with pucks and sticks. I like the variety of scents you can find in the shaving soap world. I also like lighter scents in some of my soaps. And I believe that soaps last longer and are less expensive per use.

soap. because i like the lather from soap more than that from creams. and because mikes and mystic water do not make creams

Creams. Not because they are any better, but because when I first started this journey, SCADs hit me hard. By the time I got into soaps, I had gathered way too many creams, so I only bought the soaps that I felt were special.

Soap. Always got better lather out of them. Just got a couple creams (got one cream for the scent, picked up another in a trade). Pretty happy with the first (proraso red) trying the second today (Palmolive). Soaps will still be my go to. But from a versatility/options standpoint I like the idea of having both options open to me (there's no soap out there I know that smells like proraso red, and $10 is a better choice than the hassle of making one).

Soap by quite a margin. Generally, I prefer the lather from soaps and they have a more stable shelf life. Which is important when have SAD.

I just got my first cream from BKFist on the Never Ending PIF. Up to that point I had been all soaps, mostly because they were available locally and creams not so much.

I have more soaps than creams. There are several creams I like, but the products that work best for me (give me better shaves) are soaps.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'm a soap user and a face latherer, only occasionally I use creams. Soaps simply give me a better, more consistent lather and a more enjoyable shave.

Soap by quite a margin. Generally, I prefer the lather from soaps and they have a more stable shelf life. Which is important when have SAD.

Wow I thought it was me, soaps seem to make a thicker slicker lather that stays thick for 3 passes. Just bought a tub of tobs thinking if I got something good it would be better. I face lather and shave in the shower. I just like soaps better

I started out with creams (Proraso, TOBS Rose) but then switched to soaps and I haven't looked back. I've been eyeing a tub of Eton College, though...

Soaps, and by a large margin. I have 3 creams (2 of them were extras in trades). I have over 30 soaps. The reason, aside from getting a better lather from soaps, is simple: I like variety, and soaps last longer.

30 soaps to 20 creams. I prefer soaps but can't seem to exercise self control when the creams are on sale or dirt cheap.

Well since the RR products cancel themselves out for being indecisive and challenged croaps. I have more soaps than creams, in fact the only true cream I have is CO Bigelow versus Cade, MWF, Dr. Harris, Tabac, and about 5 shave sticks.

From using creams 100% of the time, I've switched to about 75% soaps. Soaps are cheaper, can be kept longer, and are more fun to play with. Creams produce lather faster. Some of my favourite products are available only in soap or only in cream forms. I use a few creams and soaps for superlather.

About 50/50. I prefer using creams because I find them easier/quicker to turn into good lather. That said my soap lather skills need some work.

My go to product is soap. I do like both, but just happen to have a good bit more soaps.
i do have a tubenof bigelow cream that is nice and kiss my face lavender moisture shave is a dream.

Top Bottom