What's new

Do you guys keep the inner seal to the TOBS tubs?

I didn't recall my tub of St. James coming with one, so I just double-checked. It's been stuck to the inside top of the lid this whole time. The creme wasn't dried out when I bought it a couple of weeks ago and the consistency hasn't changed, so I don't think we're gonna have a problem.

I just pitch em' in the bin. It takes me a while to go through a tub of cream since I rotate so many. I've never had one dry out yet.

I keep mine. It makes me "feel" like there is an extra barrier against the cream drying out. I'm operating on the assumption that's whay they put it there. Do I have any evidence at all to support this? No, but with as many creams as I have to get through already in this lifetime, I'm doing all I can for the cause...

they are a nuisance in the beginning b/c they stick to the cream. I chucked mine out of the lavender and avacado and still are both fine. Probably put there to be a pain in out butt.

I think those things are there just for initial shipping and extending life on the shelf. They keep the contents from potentially slopping around too much and making a mess the first time you open the jar.

I just realized you could also pull the entire insert out

Maybe this was done in the factory to speed things up?

Mine seems to have lodged itself up into the top of the lid, and doesn't want to come out anyway!! So I shall think I shall just leave it be!! :biggrin:

I leave mine in. but for some reason my TOBS avocado has actually began to liquify. Maybe keeping the seal keeps it from getting the air it needs to stay firm. who knows.

It was the first cream I bought so I figured it must have been useful for something. After about the 5th time that it fell out directly on top of the lid, I used the cream on it and chucked it in the bin.

In Sparta.. the lids off TOBS products that were deemed as weak were given to the elder for judgement, since these lids would not survive the shaving Agoge. The lids would be disposed off on Mt. Apothetae. :tongue:

I can't speak for anyone else but I put them over the cream to keep it 'in the jar' during shipping. You'd probably have a messy tablespoon or so inside the jar lid and in the threads if shipped without one. It isn't needed once the jar will be stored upright.

In the next shipments I will be adding small plastic spatulas between the shipping liner and lid (to scoop out the cream).

I'll be curious to know if they are useful or something to make you wonder why your shaving cream jar rattles. :001_huh:

Sue

Top Bottom