What's new

Do you ever use a DE

Hi gents,

I have about 16 shave ready straights and maybe the same in restoration, but yesterday I decided to grab the DE; I was not running late and if I am I just dont shave as I no longer make it a chore.

It's the first time I have used a DE in almost a year and I did enjoy it but I would miss my straights too much to go exclusive, I mean I love my straights so much I have one of my customs tattooed on me! :001_wub:

So I was just wondering how many of you go dor the DE every now and then for a change. I'm thinking of doing DE week. I have 5 so it will have to be a working week :biggrin1:

I alternate or sometimes combine the use for the "ultimate shave". I don't want the DE's to get lonely on me

I have a craggy face and, while I can get a nice close shave with the straight, I often dress up the corners of my mouth and my chin dimple with a DE. I almost never shave only with the DE (once in the last year and that was while camping) - it simply doesn't do the job as well as the straights. If I want the same close shave I get with a straight (or Feather AC/Clone) then I would have to do four passes and some scrubbing - it is just as quick to use the straight. If I have time, I only use the straight - which is normally the case.

In the last year or two I took it out once or twice. Most recently was a few months back. Half way through my morning straight shave my infant son insisted on being held. I had a brief parenting decision, then opted to dust off a DE to finish shaving. Its just not the same.

Since you asked, I'm an equal-opportunity shaver. I'm about 50/50 straight/DE. Sometimes it's a time consideration, sometimes I've been lazy with my hones, sometimes it just depends on my mood. I really enjoy trying out all the variations available with both straights and DE's. My den is full of stuff. SWMBO is tolerant to a point. Remind me of why I need fifteen soaps again?:blink:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I love both DEs and straights. I use my trusted DEs when I need a very quick easy shave and my beloved straights when I want a relaxing and superior shaving experience. For me DEs are great, but straights are simply better.

Sometimes.
Last week was the perfect time.
3 hrs sleep before performing groomsman duties for my mate. (He was my best man)
No way were my hands steady enough for a straight :scared:

Sometimes I'll do a quick touch up at night in the "downstairs den" (so I don't wake SWMBO upstairs) if I can't stand the stubble and there's only DEs in there. Very rare occassion but I'm not giving any of them up. Maybe I'll trade one for ammo or bacon someday or something :p

In the past 2 years I have 2 or 3 times. I like a DE but I can shave faster with a straight razor. I will say, I can get a very good shave with a DE.

i recently picked up several soaps and wanted to have a level playing ground to judge them by. so i was grabbing the DE for a while there. now that i am back to straights, i have no more razor burn.

Top Bottom