What's new

Do or Die time

Well, through the generosity of Laz and company, I won one of the razors in the drawing. I guess I can't keep procrastinating....

Now I gotta get a strop. After I get back from my business trip later this week I'll have to take care of that. I am thinking of the Hand America one that Rik likes. Stay tuned for lots of gory detail (pun hopefully not intended)

Scotto said:
Well, through the generosity of Laz and company, I won one of the razors in the drawing. I guess I can't keep procrastinating....

Now I gotta get a strop. After I get back from my business trip later this week I'll have to take care of that. I am thinking of the Hand America one that Rik likes. Stay tuned for lots of gory detail (pun hopefully not intended)
Remember, the Eau de Baudian! It's mine!!!!:biggrin:

You know Scotto,

I have been thinking about your transition to straights. I have often thought if I was transitioning again to a straight tomorrow I would shave first pass with my DE, continuing my daily routine. And then shave with my straight on the second pass for about a week or so.

That way you remove a lot of the drag associated with the first pass. Learn to shave with a straight, positioning, technique etc. Don't ever walk away with too bad a shave. And, never force yourself to use pressure and cause damage or razor burn.

Even today, I love doing the second pass with a straight. It gets closer than a DE and I can really focus on the moves, know when I'm getting the whiskers, but don't have to fight through a full shave.

Give it some thought...it really is a lot of fun either way.

Scotto said:

Umm....I am glad you won a razor...but I am not so sure that I like the title of this thread...(gulp)..haha.

Best way to learn is to throw away all your other shaving implements. Just my opinion.

don't worry you won't even feel the cut until you feel the warm blood flowing down your neck onto your legs and spattering on the floor......
that, or you'll just get a decent shave......;)
John P.

Scotto,

Just remember how important prep is: wash your face with hot water, pay your life insurance, steam you face with a towel, soak the brush, write your will, heat up the hot pot, lather you face and soak with another towel, make sure the front door is unlocked for emergency personel, re-lather your face and shave away!

Randy

Top Bottom