What's new

Different reaction scores

Team, we relatively recently changed the tags we can give to other's posts. I noticed that the reaction score from the drop down menu (44,895) is calculated on the older tags and the reaction score on the reaction page (47,319) does take the new tags into account. Not sure if it was flagged before or not or even if its a problem or not - just wanted to point it out.

1687087414848.png

Guido.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't think that reaction score is really a significant indicator. Maybe as a "Oh, that's interesting" kind of thing, but the score is sort of meaningless.
It's a self relating issue only and has no impact on anything else.

No problem - I am still working out what goes where. And great it is an isolated thing only.

Thanks,

Guido

It's also not an inductor of a quality vs non-quality post. If I post a junk thread and get 300 "spam or face palms", I believe it shows as a reaction count, good or bad.

Plus, it was implemented when many people already had 10,000 posts or more under their belts

I never really look at the scores too much. I usually see them when checking someone's "join date".

You scored 44,945 and you are telling the mods that you've been short-changed 2,374? Haha!

BTW, you don't have enough Spam, I gave you two more.
That was not the reason for the message…:glare: - I merely noticed a difference when footing these two numbers.

I am a CPA remember? My spider sense starts tingling when I see numbers that should be the same and are not.

lasta

Blade Biter
That was not the reason for the message…:glare: - I merely noticed a difference when footing these two numbers.

I am a CPA remember? My spider sense starts tingling when I see numbers that should be the same and are not.
Yeah, I usually go the other way.

When it comes to earnings forecast and the numbers don't add up, I find the analyst that (if deleted from sample) would make things balanced.

There, numbers are good.

I have a feeling that I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and find my hard-earned 5-digit reaction score wiped clean...:c17:

For giggles, I'dike to see how many "reactions" I have to # of posts, since it was implemented. Multiply that by my pre-reaction score date and get a total.

Is there a CPA around anywhere?

giphy.gif

Top Bottom