What's new

Report in if you felt the earthquake!

I live in central Virginia, and there was just a 5.8 magnitude earthquake about 90 miles from DC. The tremor was felt as far north as New York City! How many of you felt it?

I am in Japan, and oddly enough, was speaking to my wife in Massachusetts, and she started freaking out a bit because she felt things moving around.

Things are calm here in Fukuoka though!

I am in Japan, and oddly enough, was speaking to my wife in Massachusetts, and she started freaking out a bit because she felt things moving around.

Things are calm here in Fukuoka though!

I'm so glad to hear it - though I do wonder if this big shift was related to last March. After all, equal and opposite reactions and all that.

I'm so glad to hear it - though I do wonder if this big shift was related to last March. After all, equal and opposite reactions and all that.

I was in Japan in March as well, but quite far from the quake. I felt it, but just enough to be interesting. Thank God!

My wife's aunt is from Alexandria, VA and currently visitig Germany. Can anyone from the DC area give news if there has been any damage?

Thank you!

Last edited:
As I was logging in to the site, I received a text from a friend in Jacksonville, N.C., saying she felt a quake. Looked up and saw this thread on the thread starter. Hope everyone is ok.

Update - the cell phone networks in Richmond are currently knocked out. Not entirely sure why, but it's a little eerie!

My wife's aunt is from Alexandria, VA and curently visitig Germany right now. Can anyone from the DC area give news if there has been any damage?

Thank you!

No reports of damage that I'm aware of. It was long, but not extremely intense.

I live in South Jersey, out in the Pine Barrens. I was out in the backyard having a smoke. The house started moving side-to-side, the water in the swimming pool was sloshing around, doors swung back and forth on their hinges. Nothing fell down, nothing cracked, no harm done.

Now, all we have to do is wait for the aftershock(s).

Top Bottom