What's new

Did you ever wonder why Feather SE blades fit those old Valets?

I mean, it can't be coincidence that they fit every old Valet model, so why would Feather bother to make a blade that fits razors that haven't been seen in the US since WWII?

This expired Ebay listing gives a good clue. Looks like at some point the patents and tooling for the old Valets were acquired by Feather. Does anyone know if they still produce this razor? And since the Feather Auto-Strop came with a strop, is it beneficial to strop the Feather SE blades?

The embeded video is a real snooze, but if you skip to the end you can see the original box including a strop. It's interesting that all the markings for this Feather SE razor and strop are in English.

I have the Feather SE blades. Perfect fit. I fully intend to strop the blades. Just got the gear today. First shave tomorrow.

That ebay item - the vintage Feather = FASCINATING!!!!

Thanx for the post! I have the Haney blades produced by Feather and have used them happily in Valets for some time. I knew also that Feather recently was producing a valet style - but this I never knew!! Obviously the Japanese picked up rights to the Valet patents - or perhaps as they would have expired by after a number of years - then they just ignored it all and started making them.

Really cool that the strop has Feather stamped in it too!!

thanx for the post - great info!!!!!!!

Top Bottom