What's new

Desktop Pen Holders

I'm a computer guy and I work from home. As such, I have six fountain pens inked up at the moment.
  • Three with italic nibs are for correspondence and journaling
  • One with a broad nib is for birthday cards
  • One has black ink and is dedicated to a letter registry
  • One is an every-day-carry (EDC) pen with a fine nib and blue ink in case I need to do something "official" while out and about

I just lay them horizontally on my desk, and grab one as needed. I would like to get some kind of organizer to hold them upright. I was thinking of something like this from Levenger, but they are kind of pricey at $60.

What do y'all use to hold your pens at your desk?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I've been thinking about getting or making a pen holder as well. I just have my inked pens sitting in a pint sized Mason jar on my desk at home. My non-inked pens are sitting in a cigar box that I've been meaning to accessorize by putting in separators and adding some kind of fabric to the interior.

I've been thinking about making a simple desk pen holder by just drilling some holes into a block of some sort of nice looking wood, then sanding and coating it.

I just posted this in the Acquisitions thread, but it's appropriate here. It's a Karas Kustom Pen Cube. This one came via a Massdrop deal, so it was considerably less than the direct price from KK ($69.99 shipped vs $85.00 + S&H).

View attachment 603346

I found a short crystal vase and a set of crystal ash trays at an antique store that do a fine job.

$DSCN1407 Crystal Storage.jpg

Legion

Staff member
Pretty basic, but I just use a paracord bracelet with a twist in it to stop my desk pen rolling around. And it doesn't scratch the lacquer on the pen.

proxy.php

On the other side...

proxy.php

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Been using this Sengbusch glass inkpot holder for a while now. Probably 1930s or earlier vintage.

full

If I’m at work I’ll keep my pens in a Nick Co. case on the desk.

At home I have this pen holder that can hold index cards. (Diagonal photo for effect.)

proxy.php

However, I need to find a spot for my desk pen - a vintage Snorkel setup.

proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I was thinking of something like this from Levenger, but they are kind of pricey at $60.

I can save you $59 with a dollar store coffee mug. That's what I use. (Actually, I think I got mine free from a work connection promotion.)

Top Bottom