What's new

Derby City Chop Shop small batch shave tonic

IMG_0204.PNG

I've got a couple of jugs of this stuff. It's awesome, among the very top tier of my 120 or so full bottles of aftershave splash. It's a bit pricy (unless you live in Louisville), but the bottle is huge. I'll never be without it.

P.S. Although I use it primarily in the non-summer months, I plan to use it tomorrow. It's been too long. Thanks for the reminder.

P.P.S. I suspect the product will become available soon. They make it in small batches, and number each bottle. I'm confident you'll see it soon.

Last edited:
I've got a couple of jugs of this stuff. It's awesome, among the very top tier of my 120 or so full bottles of aftershave splash. It's a bit pricy (unless you live in Louisville), but the bottle is huge. I'll never be without it.

P.S. Although I use it primarily in the non-summer months, I plan to use it tomorrow. It's been too long. Thanks for the reminder.

P.P.S. I suspect the product will become available soon. They make it in small batches, and number each bottle. I'm confident you'll see it soon.
I just messaged Derby City and they said they would have some sometime in October. They also gave me the link on where to order it. Can't wait to try it. Hopefully I can get my hands on a few bottles. Thanks!!

How would describe the scent profile?
From what I read it is a different twist on a bay rum. They use Kentucky bourbon and actually age the bottles. A southern bay rum if you will with more vanilla, amber and bourbon. It is getting rave, rave reviews!!

Ingredients: Alcohol, Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerin, Kentucky Bourbon, Pimenta Racemosa Leaves, Cinnamon, Cloves, Blood Orange Zest, Vanilla, Rosewood, Allspice, Rosewater

ingredients are steeped for two months allowing the blend to fully mature. After filtering twice, each bottle is then filled, labeled, and numbered individually by hand.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
ingredients are steeped for two months allowing the blend to fully mature. After filtering twice, each bottle is then filled, labeled, and numbered individually by hand.
Seems like over kill but they are building the brand and the unobtainable product helps build the buzz I'd probably bite and buy but lose interest if I have to stand on line or wait.

Seems like over kill but they are building the brand and the unobtainable product helps build the buzz I'd probably bite and buy but lose interest if I have to stand on line or wait.

In my experience, having bought two jugs (8oz each) without delay or unavailability, and perfect delivery and customer service, I don't believe they are "building buzz." The vendor is a barbershop in Louisville. I can certainly imagine that job one is running the barbershop. Given the flooring cost of this product, I suspect they're not making a ton of money off it, either. Just my two cents.

I've heard about this a time or two, and my interest is growing.

My oldest daughter just moved to Louisville, so maybe I'll have to ask her to do a reconnaissance run to the barbershop and see what's going on there.

Top Bottom