What's new

Dallas, Texas Update

Every 4-5 weeks should be OK. You might need to go more often depending on your hair growth or if you want an unchanging look.

Just called the Cutlery Collection at Willowbend to see what their safety razor selection is looking like these days. My only other experience with the store was getting some of our kitchen knives sharpened but Karl (the owner) was on hand and was incredibly helpful.

I'm new to wet shaving and am looking to buy a DE locally so hopefully I'll have an update today with what else they may be carrying.

Welcome Shiitake. Thanks for the update. Another option for a local purchase would be hitting the local antique stores and flea markets. There are still some great buys to be found with only a bit of effort.

Good luck in your search.

Just called the Cutlery Collection at Willowbend to see what their safety razor selection is looking like these days. My only other experience with the store was getting some of our kitchen knives sharpened but Karl (the owner) was on hand and was incredibly helpful.

I'm new to wet shaving and am looking to buy a DE locally so hopefully I'll have an update today with what else they may be carrying.

I visited that store a few weeks back and was told (rather dismissively) that they were out of stock on the DE Merkurs. From what I saw, they had a supply of razor blades and Col. Conk soaps, though.

Welcome to B&B.

Wiki? We don't need any wiki...we have this thread, right? :thumbup:

If you check out the Shopping forum you will also find some other shopping links, both local and online.

Happy shopping.

Has anyone looked around for Godrej cream at the local Indian stores? I called a couple in Plano with no luck.

Has anyone looked around for Godrej cream at the local Indian stores? I called a couple in Plano with no luck.

None of the places in Irving had any Indian grooming stuff at all. My own physical search was just confirmed by my I.T. Chief who is hard-core Indian.

In case you'd like to take a "short" drive to enjoy the spring-like weather, there's a meet and greet taking place on the north side of Austin at 12:30 tomorrow (March 6). It looks like there's going to be a pretty good turnout of 20 - 30 people.

But remember this is the Austin group, so there is $125,000 a year salary minimum for inclusion.

None of the places in Irving had any Indian grooming stuff at all. My own physical search was just confirmed by my I.T. Chief who is hard-core Indian.

But remember this is the Austin group, so there is $125,000 a year salary minimum for inclusion.

Nah, they let me in :wink2: We had a great time.

I have checked the local Indian markets in FTW with no success. The only shaving supply to be found was alum. Would be great to find a local shop with goodies from the East.

FYI - I visited a knife shop on the west side of FW this past weekend. Very limited selection of razors and only Conk soaps.

I don't know if this is technically off topic or not (probably is and I will apologize for posting now), but in all of these visits to knife stores looking for razors, has anyone come across a store that also has good japanese cutlery from the small blacksmiths?

Michael

I don't know if this is technically off topic or not (probably is and I will apologize for posting now), but in all of these visits to knife stores looking for razors, has anyone come across a store that also has good japanese cutlery from the small blacksmiths?

Michael

Sorry, Michael, but I didn't notice any of the knives.

Top Bottom