What's new

Dallas/Ft. Worth, Aug. 5th, Eat and Meet

At least four of us are meeting at David's BBQ in Pantego, Texas (Arlington) on August 5th at 6:00 p.m. David's is a good halfway meeting point for the Dallas and Ft. Worth guys. This is awesome BBQ.

Here is the mapquest link for directions to David's:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/2224+W....tego+tx+76013/

The address is 2224 W. Park Row Dr., Ste. H, Arlington (or Pantego), Texas 76013.

At least a couple of us are bringing shaving creams and soaps to trade and offer up for aromatic inspection. Ever wonder what Tabac, QED Special 218, and Honeybee Jasmine smell like? Well, now is your chance to find out without having to buy the product first.

If any of you are interested in sharing some BBQ, beer (if you are old enough)and fellowship, and perhaps actually seeing a few wetshaving related products that you have only heard about, please feel free to join us at David's this August 5, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. We will be the guys with all the shaving creams and soaps on the table. Can't miss us.

Thanks for reposting, James.

My little cache of goods is linked in my signature- if anyone would like me to bring anything just PM me. James and I have already worked out a little trade!

See eveyone at David's.

Sounds awesome. I'm still waiting for the doggie bag from your last outing. I guess the fedex guy was a tad more hungry than we thought....:lol::lol::lol:

You fellows should have great fun. Let us know how it turns out.

I'll be on vacation in WV that week, so I'll have to take a rain check. I look forward to the next get-together. Y'all have a good time!

I won't be able to make it either.

Since you are bringing all the goodies, you could try making a BBQ-scented shaving cream. Some sauce mixed into an unscented cream might already do it. Beer-scented shaving cream, you say? Go fur it! :biggrin:

Howdy!

MM

My nephew (MacShaverson) and his father are planning to join the fray. So at this point we are at 6- surely, there are a few more B&Bers who would like to join us.

As a little incentive, I am going to offer a new tube of Wars SC and a new puck of C&E Sienna SS as giveaways/door prizes. Right now the odds are pretty good to take one of those babies home next Tuesday night. Come on out.

Hey guys :) Just to let you know me and my father will be there. One questions, should we bring all of our shaving stuff?

Thanks,
Kevin

Hey guys :) Just to let you know me and my father will be there. One questions, should we bring all of our shaving stuff?

Thanks,
Kevin

That depends upon whether you have developed any acquisition disorders and how large your stash is. But, if you really want to, go ahead and wheel in a suitcase or two of shaving supplies. :biggrin: Bring what you want, especially something that you might want to trade. Your uncle and I already have one trade made.

If you have them, I would like to see/smell Tryphoon Permafrost, Mama Bear's Awakenings, Osage Rub and Alt Innsbruck aftershave.

I shall be there with some QED to trade. Also up for grabs is a new bottle of barberside and the glass jar.
Also got a friend coming along.

Mmmmm. Can't wait for the BBQ. See ya'll tommorrow. I'll bring a few samples of creams to give away as well.

Looking forward to seeing eveyone this evening. I will be bringing some samples of soaps, creams and blades. If there is anything in particular you would like to sample, please let me know.

Jeesh. I'm out of town at the moment. My blackberry has been my only form of communication lately, which does not allow access or viewing of the "members google map." Let me preface this by saying I would love to be part of a meet and greet sometime after the summer months. A few questions. Has pretty much everyone mapped themselves on the members google map or is that automated, (so that I can maybe be in contact with thoes that live close) when your location is entered into your profile? Are functions like this meet and greet usually posted in the barber shop, or is there some kind of pm, emailing list that I need to be made aware of? Can't wait till next time.

Jeesh. I'm out of town at the moment. My blackberry has been my only form of communication lately, which does not allow access or viewing of the "members google map." Let me preface this by saying I would love to be part of a meet and greet sometime after the summer months. A few questions. Has pretty much everyone mapped themselves on the members google map or is that automated, (so that I can maybe be in contact with thoes that live close) when your location is entered into your profile? Are functions like this meet and greet usually posted in the barber shop, or is there some kind of pm, emailing list that I need to be made aware of? Can't wait till next time.

We post in The Barber Shop and also send PMs to those who have expressed interest or who might me interested just because we know they live in the area. Don't worry, I will be sure to PM you next time around.

This started with just SmoovD and me getting together for me to pay off a debt because his Giants spanked my Cowboys. We tried to drum up a little interest for the first Eat Meet, but schedules would not permit wider participation.

This time, we are going to have 7 or 8 people show up. Just about everybody attending is bringing a few items for visual and aromatic inspection. I anticipate that samples of various products will be exchanged, and at least one trade of shaving cream has already been made. Not only for the fun and fellowship, but this will be a good opportunity to see a few items that people might be interested in without having to buy them first.

This will be a fun time. SmoovD is even giving away a couple of products as door prizes. Very generous.

Top Bottom