What's new

D.R. Harris Marlborough

I want to try a Harris soap, but I'm not that crazy about Arlington, and I don't want almond or lavender. I've read great things about the qualities of Harris soaps, but Marlborough is the only one I have never smelled. There is one thing that worries me though.

The scent description I've seen at a vendor's site is "a subtle blend of Sandalwood and other fragrant woods." Now, I'm not familiar with the correct smell of sandalwood. I have TOBS sandalwood cream, which smells horrible to me, but people say that it doesn't really smell like sandalwood.

So, please set my mind at ease... please tell me that Marlborough smells nothing at all like TOBS sandalwood cream.

Or tell me it does, if that's the truth. I just need to know before I invest $37 plus shipping.

Thanks!

Jim,Bigelow chemists have it for 22.00 a refill, They have 2 stashes one in the glass cabinet and back by the pharmacy counter thats where they are 22.00.

Bigelow Chemists, Inc.
414 6th Avenue
NY NY 100111-
800-793-5433
1-212-533-2700

Good luck

i had Harris sandalwood cologne which is my standard of what pure sandalwood smells like...i don't like it

the marlborough scent though is quite nice. it's woody and sweet, the only harris soap scent i get along with

So, please set my mind at ease... please tell me that Marlborough smells nothing at all like TOBS sandalwood cream.

Marlborough smells nothing at all like ToBS sandalwood cream. (Seriously.)

Marlborough is a bit farther afield from what I take to be "pure" sandalwood than QED and AoS, but far superior to the ToBS and Trumpers interpretations, IMHO.

Do you still have the Harris Arlington soap? I have the Marlborough in the beechwood bowl that I'd be willing to trade--if yours is in a wooden bowl too (either mahogany or beechwood). I've probably used it less than a dozen times.

Do you still have the Harris Arlington soap? I have the Marlborough in the beechwood bowl that I'd be willing to trade--if yours is in a wooden bowl too (either mahogany or beechwood). I've probably used it less than a dozen times.
Sorry Dan, I didn't mean to imply that I owned Arlington soap, I was just stating that I wasn't too crazy about the Arlington scent.

Well I own TOBS Sandalwood soap and love it and I also own the Marlborough but in Cream. I love that too. They are different and I would completely agree with Edk442 that it (Marlborough) has a woodsy yet sweet aroma to it and no spice like the Sandalwood. I don't think you can go wrong with the Harris Marlborough. I just wish that it wasn't as pricey as it tends to be.

Top Bottom