What's new

CVS Old Spice knock off, similar to Shulton?

Vez - That's the Vijon version in your pic?
Yes, one example of their packaging. They make it for many different vendors, all have their own labeling.
Is it here?
Interesting. My Vi-Jon bottle is right here and it has a captain's wheel embossed on one side and a compass on the other- no sailing ship.
I've seen them with a ship, a wheel, and an anchor. They change it up from time to time, and maybe depending on who's selling it. But it's all the same stuff.

Maybe Here?
Over here?​

Last edited:
I thought it was just my allergies playing tricks with me since Old Spice always smelled better in the past. (A bolder more manly smell.) My new bottle of OS aftershave smells weak when compared with in the 70's. Now I am ready to try the CVS version or Dollar General too!

Last edited:
I thought it was just my allergies playing tricks with me since Old Spice always smelled better in the past. (A bolder more manly smell.) My new bottle of OS aftershave smells weak when compared with in the 70's. Now I am ready to try the CVS version or Dollar General too!

Try to find some Avon Spicy... you'll be much happier with that!

I haven't bought it but I noticed this morning that the Meijers store brand sold in the midwestern US appears to be the Vi-Jon version- at least based on the look of the bottle and a quick sniff.

Reading through this thread and working from home today inspired me to go throw some on. Mixed it with some VIBR to create a Bay Spice scent - very nice, think I found a winner.

The Family Dollar version is what I have - can't beat it for the price $2.20 - I think. Ships wheel on one side of the Vi-Jon bottle and the other has the compass.

Enjoy!

I haven't bought it but I noticed this morning that the Meijers store brand sold in the midwestern US appears to be the Vi-Jon version- at least based on the look of the bottle and a quick sniff.

I was in a Meijer last week. Paid four bucks for a bottle. Seems darn close to what I remember.

I use the vi-Jon version for camping. I like it a lot. I have some vintage for special occasions, it's much better. Stronger and more vibrant. I may try the Barrister and Mann version. It's supposed to be good. It cost almost as much is the vintage on eBay.

Top Bottom