What's new

Crazy Barbour sizing

Reviewed the size chart. Called Customer Service to discuss. Ordered 2 sizes based on recommendation and match with size chart. Neither fit, ridiculously small. Quite frustrating.

Anyone else experienced this challenge with Barbour?

Not me. I wear a 48r suit jacket and ordered a 48 Beaufort. Fits good on me...it's going to be my 4th year wearing it. In fact, I just put a fresh coat of wax on it in preparation of the upcoming winter.

Which model did you order?

Not me. I wear a 48r suit jacket and ordered a 48 Beaufort. Fits good on me...it's going to be my 4th year wearing it. In fact, I just put a fresh coat of wax on it in preparation of the upcoming winter.

Which model did you order?

The Border. Are you using UK or US sizing? Based on the size chart Barbour recommends a size 40 for you which would not fit.

I ordered a 36 and a 38 both of which should have fit my 44R. Both were too small.

ABC880F5-F07C-473C-B319-E9B5339EBB43.jpeg

The Border. Are you using UK or US sizing? Based on the size chart Barbour recommends a size 40 for you which would not fit.

I ordered a 36 and a 38 both of which should have fit my 44R. Both were too small.

View attachment 1523783

I don't think that size guide is the one I used. I do remember being confused when ordering (it was at least 4years ago)

To answer your specific question, I think I would have used the US sizing since I ordered from Orvis.

Here is a picture of the tag in the pocket.

Attachments

• 20220917_092935.jpg
    20220917_092935.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: ctr

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have a 30 year old Border and the size on the label is the same as my chest size. As it is a relaxed fit then it is a few inches larger to allow for a shirt, sweater, and possibly even a thin jacket. I also have slimmer cut Barbour jackets and in each case the label is the same as my chest size but they are not so roomy. I think you need a size 44, which as a guide would give you 54 inches of room as it is a relaxed fit. To be honest I always buy mine in the shop rather than online so I can try them for size.

I have a 30 year old Border and the size on the label is the same as my chest size. As it is a relaxed fit then it is a few inches larger to allow for a shirt, sweater, and possibly even a thin jacket. I also have slimmer cut Barbour jackets and in each case the label is the same as my chest size but they are not so roomy. I think you need a size 44, which as a guide would give you 54 inches of room as it is a relaxed fit. To be honest I always buy mine in the shop rather than online so I can try them for size.

Would definitely prefer to purchase in the store. No stores within a day drive have the Border jacket.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have a handful of Barbour wax coats and they tend to run a bit large, I think kit is called relaxed fit or so.
My oldest, a Border from mid 80's is a 44" ( I was bit thinner then). The others I have are 46"/48", which I think is equal to a US XL size (have a Bedale, a Beaufort and another Border). The Borders fitted well over a sportscoat. Not sure where you are, but Orvis here in the US has the biggest selection and also their own sizing charts.

Not helpful at all for this thread yet I had to share…..I am a fit 5’7”, 165 pounds and I now have to order XL shirts lol. I still fit into my college suits and wore medium shirts then, 30 years ago. Is the world shrinking?

For Barbour order your normal size. As others have said, it’s a relaxed fit and just because you will have room in the chest does not mean you will have shoulder or armpit room.

I have the Border and it’s a 38R and I typically take a slim medium in shirts etc.

Top Bottom