What's new

Could you help me ID a new hone?

I found a hone today while in an antique store. However I have no idea what kind it is. If you could help, I would appreciate it. It is 2 inches wide, by 5 1/2 inches long and about 3/4 of an inch thick. The box it is in has a piece of leather on top of it. Could I sand the leather smooth? Or would I be better off replacing it? It is kind of beat up. So, here are the pics. Hopefully in order. First is the outside of the box, then before lapping. Then after lapping dry, wet, and with slurry. It lapped very quickly. It was pretty flat to start with.

$Str8 pics 003.jpg$Str8 pics 004.jpg$Str8 pics 005.jpg$Str8 pics 006.jpg$Str8 pics 007.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the side. It wasn't glued in like I thought it was. It came out last night while I was using it. The colors are all layered in green's, gray's, and maybe a little blue? As you can tell, I'm not too good at picture's.....$Str8 pics 008.jpg$Str8 pics 009.jpg

I really don't think it's a BBW, it doesn't look anything like the blue side of my combo coticule.

I've never heard of a Swedenstein. I'll do a search.

Since it is above freezing here and sunny outside I took some pictures outside. The bottom one is another unidentified stone I have. I is a dark color with copper colored streaks running through it.

$Str8 pics 010.jpg$Str8 pics 011.jpg$Str8 pics 012.jpg$Str8 pics 013.jpg

I hope this helps. Thanks for all the replies.

You may ask Sham over at RazorandStone. Or pm him as Chess1 on here. He is pretty good with different stone ID's. I think there was just a discussion on a stone similar ro your bottom one recently. If I run across it I will let you know. It may have been another site.

Last edited:
You may ask Sham over at RazorandStone. Or pm him as Chess1 on here. He is pretty good with different stone ID's. I think there was just a discussion on a stone similar ro your bottom one recently. If I run across it I will let you know. It may have been another site.

Ok, thanks for you're help. I will try that.

Top Bottom