What's new

Connaught - EU Product Sale

I'd imagine shipping costs have really hurt Connaught. If I remember right, they used to provide free shipping to the USA for larger orders. That's no longer the case. And the costs for shipping have become, what I would consider, order prohibitive. Even with the good sale prices.

Connaught is a great store as are some of the other uk vendors.

But anything over approx 25usd 22euro is hampered by taxes to the continent and usual uk is more expensive for the list price.
I expect a shift towards Canada and Spain and more American available in mainland Europe
You can allready buy some stirling and paa in holland just not everything.
Shipping from the USA with the exception of maggards is still ludicrous expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: abj
Paul at Connaught indicated in one of the UK shaving forums that the clearance was entirely related to difficulties importing EU products to the the UK post-Brexit. On the plus side, he more recently stated that some companies have overcome the red tape, and will now be eligible to import (and are off clearance).

On a more general note, the significant increase in international shipping and postage charges since mid to late 2020, only further exacerbated by the pandemic, are really brutal and add significant cost to ordering from the UK, EU, China, India and most elsewhere else. I feel very bad for all our smaller wet shaving vendors and artisans across the world who will inevitably lose a lot of business due to the ineffective price increases. Our hobby has similarly become a more expensive, particularly when trying to procure rarer international products.

It is to do with the fact that for a UK Supplier to sell European Products the Manufacturer or import agent has to register them on the UK Cosmetics database , before Brexit it was one big database for all of the EU , now the UK has it's own and the EU of course still has it's one. So a double registration , some of the supplier shave registered some haven't so he is clearing the products that haven't as he won't be allowed to legally sell them soon. This also effects products from elsewhere in the world including the USA, another suppliers has suspended sales of A and E and many other US soaps , hopefully the manufacturers will register them , but i am not sure if there are fees for this.

Cosmetic and healthcare items, as wet shaving supplies are usually considered, are probably at least somewhat difficult and/or expensive to register. Not a big deal for a large company, but difficult for small niche vendors and artisans, particularly as international sales will likely decrease due to increasing shipping costs.

Top Bottom