• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

Clear your lips!

When shaving today,i thought i had not seen anyone mention this.....maybe too basic! After lathering your face, clear your lips of soap with your finger. Then you know where not to shave. No cut lips.

I haven't had that problem for some time. I tuck my lips before I lather, then relax them when I begin shaving. No lather on the lips, no cut lips.

Re-examination of anything, at any time, is good.

I watched one shave vid where the guy just did as above and painted lather right over. Never occurred to me.

AA
No, I wasn't trying to be a smart Alec for a change! I had just never heard of figure 8's and clearing runways, etc.

If I get Arko on my lips I just lick 'em off!

I pucker my lips as I lather but still end up with lather on them. Big lips probably! I use the outside edge of the tip of my right thumb to clean them off. It also gives me a nice indication of the lubricity of the lather.

Never really think about it any more till i read this post, just a pinky lip swipe i don't realize i'm doing anymore. its interesting the things we do automaticly without realizing we do them

It was canon for me when I started. And more about some of the soaps having a noticeable reaction on the tissue of my lips... drying or allergic or some ingredient note that disagreed.

As I've settled into a given group of soaps that appeal to me, there is the addition of benefit having the lather on lips, a bit more nasal note to enjoy the fragrance, supple lubrication of a properly saponated tallow producing glicerol.

And, if the lather sits comfortably across multiple applications of lather during the passes... wow, what a pleasant surprise! This one's a keeper!

Yet, that said, I still will not "taste" soap suspensions! BLECK!
(ymmv!)
/grins wryly

I have a stick of lip balm on my counter. I try to put it on before shaves. But of course I tuck as well. Shaving cream and my lips aren’t the best of friends like shaving cream and my skin are.