What's new

cleaning to make coffee taste better

Urnex also makes Cafiza, and it rules for removing coffee oils.

I bought it to clean my roaster, and was blown away at how effectively it removes burned on coffee oils. It made my blackened chaff filter basket look new again. Matte gray metal instead of brown and black mesh.

I used it on my French press screen, and it also looked new. I disassemble that after every use and give it a good rinse, and clean it with vinegar and hot water every few months, but this was a whole other level of clean. Way less effort, way better at getting oils under the coil on the top plate.

I think Cafiza is sold as a backflush cleaner for espresso machines. It's not for descaling, but it is GREAT at removing baked on oily crud. I used to use Simple Green, but I won't go back.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Urnex also makes Cafiza, and it rules for removing coffee oils.

I bought it to clean my roaster, and was blown away at how effectively it removes burned on coffee oils. It made my blackened chaff filter basket look new again. Matte gray metal instead of brown and black mesh.

I used it on my French press screen, and it also looked new. I disassemble that after every use and give it a good rinse, and clean it with vinegar and hot water every few months, but this was a whole other level of clean. Way less effort, way better at getting oils under the coil on the top plate.

I think Cafiza is sold as a backflush cleaner for espresso machines. It's not for descaling, but it is GREAT at removing baked on oily crud. I used to use Simple Green, but I won't go back.

I love Cafiza for cleaning my roaster. It does make things look brand new, and it works quickly. I still use Simple Green for some small areas where I get concerned about electronics getting wet, but that's it.

Top Bottom