What's new

Cleaning Advice

I picked these two up at an antique show a couple of weeks ago and want to clean them up. The white case appears to be a 1920 or 1921 and the black cased one a 1916. I know that there are some guides out there for cleaning but I am kind of scared of ruining them by not using the absolute best method.

So, I am asking for advice on the best way to clean these. Thank you kindly for your advice.

Scrubbing Bubbles and a tooth brush works very well. There is a good list of non abrasive polishes as well. Some more experienced folks can tell you which ones are the best....but i can tell you SB and a tooth brush will get them pretty clean!

cc

Scrubbing Bubbles and a tooth brush works very well. There is a good list of non abrasive polishes as well. Some more experienced folks can tell you which ones are the best....but i can tell you SB and a tooth brush will get them pretty clean!

cc

I have the scrubbing bubbles and the toothbrush. Used it on a couple of others with pretty good results. Was just thinking of that deep grime. Thanks for the start :001_smile As a novice to the cleaning thing I was just a little more hesitant with these ones. Guess it's time to get scrubbing!

My tired eyes believe them to be silver, if that's the case some MAAS or other silver polish should do 'em good. I'd wait for some more experienced advice before taking mine to heart, though :wink2:

Top Bottom