What's new

"Clean" Colognes

I saw it advertised in several publications - saw it at Nordstroms.
I liked it - kind of a out of the shower soapy smell. That is there selling point. As you can see I can not even come close in the discription department as others on B&B.

Never heard of it. The description makes it sound like Thierry Mugler cologne. You might checkout basenotes and see if others have more info.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/2382965/0~2377897~2377899~2382965

I've only tried the mens version once and it was some years ago. If you are familiar with the fragrance brand Gendarme, you know what you will get with this one. They are reaching for the out of the shower-fresh and clean feeling and they almost succeed. There was something in it which I didn't appreciate at all, that I remember. Sorry I can't give you a more in-depth description than this.

Never heard of it. The description makes it sound like Thierry Mugler cologne. You might checkout basenotes and see if others have more info.

Thierry Mugler "Cologne" is one my wife absolutely loves. She says it is very clean and crisp. It's not nearly as heavy or overpowering as A*men (which I also get a lot of compliments on as long as it is applied extremely lightly) or the other Mugler scents.

My first thought exactly. I really like Mugler but it doesn't last on me at all.

His other scents though...:thumbdown They smell like candy to me. I'm no Willy Wonka! :biggrin:

The Mugler and the Clean don't compare at all inmo, with the Mugler having a vetiver note and the Clean fragrances (both the men's and the female ones) concentrating more on a fresh out of the shower or fabric softener/laundry detergent smell...

Mugler is a nice cologne, but it lasts about as long as me as a donut in front of Mark TSSB. :thumbdown

I agree it doesn't last too long. In fact, they include a kind of splash top and encourage you to apply it liberally all over your body. I can't imagine doing that with too many colognes, esp Mugler colognes.

His other scents though... They smell like candy to me. I'm no Willy Wonka!

Esp A*Men!!! I put it on very lightly...spray, delay, and walk away style. A single spray smells like some kind of lightly burnt brownie or cake all day and tends to make me feel self conscious. But man!!!...I get a lot of hugs from my friends wives who tell me I smell "Yummy!" so I still use it. Many of the more classic scents tend to remind them of their dads, uncles, or grandpas (or as my 16 year old daughter puts it: an old man) so I have discontinued those. Not quite the image I am going for. :smile:

Top Bottom