What's new

Cheapest non-cob?

Hey everyone, I'm a very poor college student looking for the absolute cheapest, and yet usable, pipe that's not a cob. I've thought about second hand pipes, but i don't know enough about them to know if they're smoke-able and on top of that no store, near me, sells second hand pipes (they mostly sell glass pipes and hookas...). So any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Try a Dr. Grabow, they're usually available in most drug stores/local tobacco shops. The same company that makes the cobs (Missouri Meerschaum) also makes a line of wood pipes that are small and realtively cheap that may be available along with the others.

I was skeptical about cobs until I tried one, they smoke great, but at the end of the day people still give you crap for looking like a "hick"

My grandpa promised to teach me how to make a cob eventually, he lives on the other side of the country. When it comes to shopping, he goes to one place and pays the price they want without looking around; hence, why i don't ask him for shopping advice. Also he's a cigar man himself and has no pipes to hand down to me, sadly.

Thanks for the info Quan, I almost got one. I'll try out a grabow and look into a brog as a possible future purchase. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom