What's new

Cheapest Good Soaps/Creams from Around the World

I am going to suggest something that was not specifically designed as a shaving soap, but yet works quite well for that purpose: Yardley of London Naturally Moisturizing Bath Soap with Cocoa Butter. You can purchase eight 120 gram bars for $1.45 per bar. That works out to $0.34 per ounce compared to may shave soaps these days costing $5.00 and up per ounce.

The soap contains: Sodium Tallowate, Water (Aqua), Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl (Vitamin E), Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Red 33.

Thus, it is a tallow based soap with added glycerin, cocoa butter, Shea butter, and Vitamin E. It produces a very slick lather and has great post shave feel. I don't put it in the same class as my top tier shave soaps, but it performs better than some of the lower end shave soaps in my den. If you are looking for something inexpensive that still gives a decent shave, try a bar of Yardley. They have been making soaps for a very long time.

Bulgarian creams are prevalent in Eastern Europe; they are seriously cheap from the supermarket, and perform well. They typically cost about 60 cents US for a tube. They usually also have matching aftershave balms which are maybe 10 cents more costly, and are good performers. Brands I have tried include:

• Kapo (Karo)
  • Aggressia
  • Argo (not Arko)
My favourite is Kapo Fresh, which has a light menthol kick and for me is the best performer of the three.

Top Bottom