What's new

Cheap Caps on 400 ml Proraso Bottles (Red & Green)

I hear you. And it's not just the aftershaves. I have four tubes of Proraso shave cream and two of the four have failed. Compare that with my three tubes of Musgo Real where none of them have failed. Fortunately for me, I'm not a big fan of Proraso shave cream. I have more than enough of it to last the rest of my life so I won't be buying more. But if I didn't, I still wouldn't be buying any more. The scents of red, blue and white are almost identical and differences are extremely subtle. I get zero hint of sandalwood from the red. I guess if I had to choose one I'd say I prefer the blue. Anyway, two of four caps failing. Not good.

Yes, I've noticed the same issue with my white aftershave balm. It slowly untwists all by itself. It doesn't come off mind you, but it definitely does not maintain a tight seal. So, make that three of five caps failing for me.

Now that you mention it, my green shave creams cap failed shortly after purchase. It has driven me crazy every time I’ve used it. Damn these pennies saved!

I'm talking about Proraso aftershave 400 ml bottle caps, not shave cream tube caps.
You can buy the atomizers that will fit those bottle. It's an extra expense, but solves the problem and it's kind of nice to have since the bottles are so large.

Anyone have any of the old style caps for Proraso 400 ml bottles?

The old style caps are easy to identify, they have a semi-clear nylon insert.

Top Bottom