What's new

Cella 1kg brick vs small cella red tub

So i tried the cella red tub from amazon. So far, i like the scent and the lather.

So compared to the red tub for $11, how much money do i save with 1kg??

How long does a small tub usually last?
How about the brick?

Last edited:
Not sure on how long it lasts but if you do the math, you save quite a bit.

$11/150gr vs $40/1000gr so you get 6.5x the soap in the kilo for less than 4x the price! So in the tube it works out to be about $4.44 per 100 grams, where as in the brick it works out to be $4/100 grams but I know the 1000 gram brick can be had for less than $40, just an example!

Another way to look at it is that you would have to buy 6-7 tubs at $11 each to get one brick (so $66-77 tub costs vs <$40 for kilo). I guess the tubs have to add to the cost.

Now that you have the tub, if you really like it you should consider the brick for refilling the tub!​

Last edited:
You can save alot more if you purchase Cella 1kg brick for about $30. TVBShaving is one place that's currently stocking it for around $30 delivered to the USA. When Shaving.ie it had it in stock it was even cheaper at $25 w/delivery. But that's a hec of alot of soap even if you're shaving every day.

Yeah I second the shaving.ie. When it's in stock you can get it shipped from Ireland for $25. At that point it makes it a no brainer. You do have to wait like 3-4 weeks for shipping/customs which is a hassle, but worth the wait for such a large amount of soap.

Yeah I second the shaving.ie. When it's in stock you can get it shipped from Ireland for $25. At that point it makes it a no brainer. You do have to wait like 3-4 weeks for shipping/customs which is a hassle, but worth the wait for such a large amount of soap.

Yeah I had mine shipped for $27 from Ireland and it arrived in 7 days!!!!! Obviously I had no issues with customs, I was not expecting in that quick!

Last edited:
parachutefactory - Yes. Shaving.ie is out of stock w/Cella but TVBShaving.com has it in stock. It's between $28-$29 delivered to the USA. Check it out.

And keep in mind if the dollar gets stronger against the Euro (which has been the trend lately) it will only get cheaper, but not by much.

There is also apparently a difference between the tub and the brick. I cannot attest since I use the brick soap exclusively, but there is a thread from Marco discussing the difference here. I use it because it is one of the best performing soaps you will ever use. The low cost is just a bonus.

You can get 5 tubs of Cella 750g total for 26.37&#8364; = $29USD delivered to the U.S./Canada from TVSshaving with 10% discount. Although, personally I would mix it up and include other soap besides Cella.

If you're enjoying your first experience with Cella, think of that little red tub as a sampler on your way to purchasing the block. I'm using the first chunk from from my block with the remaining seven chunks freezer bagged in my beer fridge. At about 35 bucks, that kilo block is a lot of shaving savings.

And BRITD brings up a very good point: Weather you purchase a 1kg brick or multiple tubs, it's quite a commitment. Maybe it's because I'm a novice but I truly enjoy experimenting with many different soaps & creams.

That said, Cella is a GREAT soap. I like it alot. If I had to choose just one soap it would be the 1kg brick of Cella.

And BRITD brings up a very good point: Weather you purchase a 1kg brick or multiple tubs, it's quite a commitment. Maybe it's because I'm a novice but I truly enjoy experimenting with many different soaps & creams.

That said, Cella is a GREAT soap. I like it alot. If I had to choose just one soap it would be the 1kg brick of Cella.

I would not be able to decide so easy for my No. 1 soap. I tried a lot of shaving soaps. But for my No. 1 I'm in dilemma:
- Cella 1kg brick
- Vitos Red

But I need to try Haslinger and Tabac new formulation. In view of the comments Both could have a potential for No. 1.

Go big or stay home :001_smile

cost of shipping plus the additional smaller size cost will out weigh the brick in a year or so of using the product.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Do a search for Marco's "Cella vs. Cella" thread. He gets into the nitty gritty of the tub Cella vs. brick Cella. The consensus is that brick Cella has a subtler scent and performs better. Could be because before crazy wetshaving hobbyist got into Cella, the bricks were only sold to barbers, whereas the red tubs were intended for home use.

Do a search for Marco's "Cella vs. Cella" thread. He gets into the nitty gritty of the tub Cella vs. brick Cella. The consensus is that brick Cella has a subtler scent and performs better. Could be because before crazy wetshaving hobbyist got into Cella, the bricks were only sold to barbers, whereas the red tubs were intended for home use.

Marco definitely has the highest street cred on the cella tub vs. brick debate but there are many people who have experienced both who say that they don't notice any difference or difference is slight and immaterial to them.

Cella Is a great soap either way and doesn't disappoint. Just for me 1kg is a ridiculous soap commitment. Its like saying, I love Beef, lets buy a whole cow and have a BBQ tonight! :w00t:

And there's no problem storing the brick. You can slice it up, store the slices in ziplock bags (I wrap them in parchment paper first), and store it all in a cool dark place. I've had my sliced brick for three years, and each slice--I just checked--smells as fresh as new. As you use a slice its scent may dissipate and the soap may yellow (this happened with my first slice but not with my second and third; I have no idea why the difference), but the scent will perk up when lathered and the performance will remain excellent.

Top Bottom