What's new

Cavalier set

Up for sale is my Cavalier set. I’ve had this set for quite some time, and I think it’s time to pass it on to someone else who can appreciate it and care for it as much as I have.
I’ve tried to take detailed photos, but I’d be happy to supply more upon request.
It appears that this set may have been used at least once. It comes with 9 blades instead of 10, hence my guess that it has been used at least once.
My asking price is $6000
CONUS shipping only

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpeg
    IMG_1507.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1503.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg
    726.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1500.jpeg
    IMG_1500.jpeg
    981.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1499.jpeg
    IMG_1499.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1498.jpeg
    IMG_1498.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1497.jpeg
    IMG_1497.jpeg
    856.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1496.jpeg
    IMG_1496.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    953.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1501.jpeg
    IMG_1501.jpeg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I just reviewed my pics, and I'm seeing a hairline crack in the handle. Others may have noticed that too, but for full transparency on something so expensive, I want it to be known beforehand.
Also, as this set isn't as perfect as I had thought, I'm reducing the price by $500 to $5500. I'm also open to reasonable offers as well.

Beautiful set! It is far superior to the set shown on mr-razor. My Cavalier set has been used plenty, so no comparison at all there. I am not a prospective buyer.

Unused shave stick! Amazing!

If a prospective buyer for yours is concerned about the hairline handle crack, mine has the same. The crack in mine did not enlarge, even with extensive use by the prior owner(s). I expect the crack is just the result of the tight press fit and the passage of time. I use my razor on occasion. The crack poses no issues at all.

Given that the Cavaliers are not serial numbered, I (and mr-razor readers everywhere) would be curious to know the date code on those blades.

The value of a pristine set like yours is inhibiting me from sending my Cavalier razor out for replating.

GLWTS!

Beautiful set! It is far superior to the set shown on mr-razor. My Cavalier set has been used plenty, so no comparison at all there. I am not a prospective buyer.

Unused shave stick! Amazing!

If a prospective buyer for yours is concerned about the hairline handle crack, mine has the same. The crack in mine did not enlarge, even with extensive use by the prior owner(s). I expect the crack is just the result of the tight press fit and the passage of time. I use my razor on occasion. The crack poses no issues at all.

Given that the Cavaliers are not serial numbered, I (and mr-razor readers everywhere) would be curious to know the date code on those blades.

The value of a pristine set like yours is inhibiting me from sending my Cavalier razor out for replating.

GLWTS!
Thank you for making me feel better about the crack and for the kind words about the set.
I’ve thought about pulling a blade out to get a date, but I think I’ll leave that up to who buys it.
It may not hurt anything to gently open one, but I’ll leave that up to the next owner.
For now, I’ll carefully wipe off the smudges & keep it ready for the next lucky owner.

Amazing set. I watched someone take a tour of the Gillette “museum” at P&G recently (Razor Emporium I think). Well worth a look. They had boxes of bottom dials and toggles stacked up. Nothing close to this. They said that they buy rare razors to keep the collection as complete and comprehensive as possible. Although my personal rule has always been to use every razor I have owned, even rare nos ones, this is too rare and pristine to use IMO. GLWTS.

Amazing set. I watched someone take a tour of the Gillette “museum” at P&G recently (Razor Emporium I think). Well worth a look. They had boxes of bottom dials and toggles stacked up. Nothing close to this. They said that they buy rare razors to keep the collection as complete and comprehensive as possible. Although my personal rule has always been to use every razor I have owned, even rare nos ones, this is too rare and pristine to use IMO. GLWTS.
Almost all my razors have been used at least once by me, but not this set. I know it probably wouldn't matter if I did, but this set is just too close to perfect to fool with it.
I may look into getting in touch with P&G to see if there might be any interest in adding it to their collection.
Worst they can say is no.

Top Bottom