What's new

Can you negate some characteristics of a safety razor?

Will it make a difference if i put a feather in a mild razor, or a mild blade in an aggressive razor?

i havent tried this since i only have 1 safety razor, i have sensitive skin and very very tough hair (genetic is guess, im Dominican), my hair shreds derbys to the point they only last like 2 shaves, the same with crystals, feathers seem to be the only one that will last me, but they shred my face, irritation and razor bumps follow?

so would this work?

It does make a difference for me. YMMV. A feather in a tech is less dangerous than a feather in a slant or aristocrat. A derby or IP in a tech is (for me) useless, but in a superspeed it is perfect. I tend to match the blades with the razor, possibly just as an excuse to stock more products... :wink:

Most of the guys on here say it matters alot.........I have only my 1952 Super Speed and use red pack Personnas, a fantastic combo for me.You didn't say which razor you are using but a Feather in a Gillette Tech might work for you............Good luck!

i have the Merkur 12C (open combed barber pole), i cant find the right combo, but it seems that the feather is best suited for my strong facial hair but horrible for my sensitive skin.....i also have a futur that i dont use

To some extent there will be a difference. This is largely because of how different razors hold the blade. The HD, for example, bends the blade while the superspeed keeps it straight. I've found I get a wholly different shave with a Derby in my HD than in a superspeed as a result of the angle; I enjoyed the HD more, by the way.

from my experience I would say yes you will get different results using the same blade in different razors, the idea is to find the combo that works for you hence a good excuse for RAD

If you have a tough beard - you may want to do a pre-shave with hair conditioner and hot water. Hair conditioner will force the cuticle in the beard hair to shrink and make you beard MUCH softer and easier to shave (and does the same thing to the hair on your head making it easier to comb and manage). Someone did an outstanding write up about this somewhere on the board. The claim is that beard hair is actually STRONGER than copper wire of the same size.

I use hair conditioner as a pre-shave and I find it makes a difference.

Top Bottom