What's new

Can this be cleaned?

Im interested in getting a lady gillette for my legs, I dont want anything in like new condition just something that will shave. Is there a way to clean this bad boy up so it doesn't look so gross?

proxy.php

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
You can post a photo-

I took a look at that razor and usually I say go for it- but something about that one waves me off.

Feel free to post a WTB (Want to buy) in the WTB forum.

You can post a photo-

I took a look at that razor and usually I say go for it- but something about that one waves me off.

Thanks, anything more specific about what makes you think this would be no go? Some of these go for a pretty penny if they are in nice condition and after spending a pretty penny on stuff for my face i'd like to save a bit on other purchases.

I do not have a real reason, more of a feeling. If this is your first razor and you cannot get it nice and clean how will you feel? Will you use it with plating loss and brassing? If so go for it.

It comes down to your personal risk tolerance.

I do not have a real reason, more of a feeling. If this is your first razor and you cannot get it nice and clean how will you feel? Will you use it with plating loss and brassing? If so go for it.

It comes down to your personal risk tolerance.

This would be my second razor, I have a new merkur HD that I just got for xmas and I wanted something functional for my legs. I really dont care to much how it looks.

Thanks for your help!

You can post a photo-

it may just be the light but it looks like there is a warp or bend in one of the doors at the end closest to the camera.

Last edited:
I'd pass if I were you.
They come up often enough and in much better condition.
If you did try to clean it using the recommended cleaning/restoring methods then you'd probably be left with a user grade razor at best.

Not worth the trouble unless the price was very low.

I bid five bones, I doubt ill raise my bid. Just need to practive patience and something in a little nice shape will show up.

i'd pass if i were you.
They come up often enough and in much better condition.
If you did try to clean it using the recommended cleaning/restoring methods then you'd probably be left with a user grade razor at best.

Not worth the trouble unless the price was very low.

+1

Top Bottom