What's new

Can I Borrow that Pipe-Cutter Tool From Someone?

... you know, the tool that's made out of a pipe-cutter, with the edge rounded off.
... the one that helps re-set the bead on the bottom of a fatboy/slim/superspeed, to hold the TTO knob in.

I've got a fistful of fatboys that are suffering from the sliding knob problem, and I know that I'll never need the tool again once they're all re-beaded.
If there's anyone who has one in the CONUS, can I borrow yours? Please PM me.
I'll send it right back, and we can negotiate on an appropriate "fee" for the service, if that would help sweeten things.

Thanks,
-- Chet

If you've got a butter knife, you can perform the same operation with that. I had a Slim that did the same thing you're describing; I set it on the counter with a towel between it and the counter, then set the flat side of the knife blade onto the bead and pressed down while I rolled the handle on the counter. Easy peasy.

Lol, if Everyone thought the way you did, None of us would have tools. It's cheap enough tool you can buy for $2.99 its cheaper to buy it the to mail it back and forth. IMHO.

If you've got a butter knife, you can perform the same operation with that. I had a Slim that did the same thing you're describing; I set it on the counter with a towel between it and the counter, then set the flat side of the knife blade onto the bead and pressed down while I rolled the handle on the counter. Easy peasy.

+1!

The butter knife trick is the way to go.

Jay

Jinkies, Shaggy!
That's a great idea, and had not occurred to me.
I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
-- Chet

I used the wire stripping section from this tool (the SA is pointing to it) to gently crimp the knob groove....

Attachments

• $SA fix.jpg
    $SA fix.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom